Has your password(s) been stolen? How do you know?

D

DelJo63

Lifehacker.com has an article worth reading.

One of the best things about having a solid password is that you don’t have to change it. If it’s strong, unique, and hasn’t been compromised by an attacker, you gain no security benefits by modifying it according to some arbitrary timetable. Just let it be.

What you should be tracking is whether any of your passwords have been compromised on one of the many data breaches you’ve probably experienced recently—or ever.

There are plenty of tools you can use (free or paid) to alert you that it might be time to change your password. Here are a few of our favorites—please pick one, or many, to use right now.
see the article for details.

2 Years ago I encountered something like this.

Chrome/firefox vulnerabilities may allow users to capture the saved passwords and read them in plain text. It is very much advised to never save passwords on chrome or firefox.

At the very least if you wish to save your passwords use a decent password manager with all the security features enabled.

I'm of the strong password school of thought. My passwords are generally unhackable as dictionary attacks can not work. Brute force is the only method that can be employed.

Chrome/firefox vulnerabilities may allow users to capture the saved passwords and read them in plain text. It is very much advised to never save passwords on chrome or firefox.
This. It always best to memorize passwords. Storing them in-app is a very bad idea.

Back