Having strange shutdown problems

Wondering if someone can help me here. Lately (within the last week) ive been having sudden and unexpected shutdowns. The best way to explain it is as if my computer power button was held down without me knowing (it isnt). Its that kind of sudden. I had a friend try and help me figure the problem out, but there are no crash reports he could find and the only dump file that was saved mentioned my gpu. I updated my drivers, but the problem persists. I thought "maybe my computer is overheating" but Ive checked each seperate part, all have working parts, the gpu never breaks 35 degrees C, cpu was fine when stress tested, and Im just lost for what to do. I thought "maybe its because of League of Legends" which is running 80% of the crashes, but after contacting support and doing what they said, nothing has changed. Ive done security scans to check for bugs or viruses, got nothing. I just dont know what to do anymore.

Sounds difficult. So I am trying to think as to why a system would do what you describe (since I have never had one quite like it)...
1. power loss: loose cord connections at wall and/or at system (check connectors)
2. failing PSU (try known good PSU)
3. cracked solder joint at a power connector (inspect with magnification and bright light)
4. wiring: floating ground - grounding out through the motherboard/PSU rather to outside ground at the wall receptacle (moderate static not routed to safe ground; bad ground)
5. RAM at a very low address ( test on continuous overnight - memtest86 )

More specific detail might help. Sounds? smells? other (like flickering lights)?

Back