Having weird virus issue; unable to open antivirus programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukichu

Hello, I tried running the antivirus programs to get logs, but a little message keeps popping up "Error" and then states the specified path file (like C:\Windows\Program Files\etcetc.) and it won't open. This happened when I restarted my computer and all my startup programs popped up an error message like that, except they still worked anyways. It also happened when I opened Firefox to access the internet, except it still worked. What should I do?

Thank you!

**EDIT: I also wanted to include that I tried booting in Safe Mode, and it didn't work. The screen said something along the lines of "Windows has booted unsuccessfully. This could be due to a hardware change..etcetc."
Also, I keep getting Event ID 7000 and 7009 along the lines of:

"The Application Layer Gateway Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I have the program set to "Manual". I'm so confused, please help.

You are posting in the Virus and Malware Removal forum but nothing you've given us points to that.

For the error messages:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:

• [1]. Click to open the log>
    [2]. Look for the Error>
    [3] .Right click on the Error> Properties>
    [4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
    [5]. Paste here (Ctrl V)
    [6].NOTES
  • You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
  • If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed.
  • You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
  • Please do not copy the entire Event log.

Errors are time coded. Check the computer clock when you get error message..

The Manual Startup setting for the Application Layer gateway is fine. Look for the error in the event Viewer that corresponds to the time(s) you get this message,

Let's work through this first. Then if necessary, you can run the programs in the preliminary steps for Virus and Malware Removal

The reason I posted in Virus & Malware removal is because I feel a virus is blocking these programs from working since only specific programs aren't working.

In System Events:

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7009
Time: 10:29:40 AM
Description:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Application Layer Gateway Service service to connect.

Event ID: 7000
Time: 10:29:41 AM
Description:
The Application Layer Gateway Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

There were none in "Applications". The little error messages I get when opening programs aren't logged in the event viewer at all. Thanks for your help.

**EDIT: Wanted to mention that I tried running a virus scan using Mcafee just to see if that would work, but it didn't, and I received errors in the Event Viewer about it as well. Should I also post those errors too?

Unfortunately, these 2 errors don't tell us anything because you didn't tell us what you were trying to do at the time.

Should I also post those errors too?

Absolutely!

The purpose of using the Event Viewer is to get more information about a problem you have. So the Error should correspond to the same time that you have the problem- if there is one. We'll check that first, then send you to the next step if indicated.

I wasn't doing anything at that time. I just turned the computer on and got those error messages and that appeared in the event viewer.

But...the situation is a bit different now. I scanned my computer with AVG and Avira and they both found viruses which I removed, so now the error messages aren't showing up when I try to open a program. But, Malware Bytes, Super AntiSpyware, and HJT still won't work.

Also, I just restarted my computer and it wouldn't load. It froze at "Loading your personal settings." Not sure what to do next...

**EDIT: I turned it off and let it sit for a minute, and when I turned it back on it seem to boot up just fine, but then it restarted by itself and got stuck on the "Loading your personal settings" screen again.

but then it restarted by itself and got stuck on the "Loading your personal settings" screen again.

Look for any Error corresponding to time of the above message.

It turns out that even after I uninstalled AVG, it was still trying to load itself at start up, which was causing my computer to keep restarting. I've fixed that and I tried restarting it again, but it still keeps getting stuck and it just does the same thing on "Use last known good configuration." So I have no way of getting in there and checking the errors. I'm going to let it stay off for a little while and then I'll try again and post the error logs.

**EDIT: Okay after letting it sit and rebooting with "Last known good configuration" I was able to get it to start up properly. Here are the error logs since I turned my computer on this morning:

Event Type: Error
Event ID: 7026
Time: 10:04:12 AM
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
SASKUTIL

Event ID: 7009
Time: 10:04:18 AM
Description:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Application Layer Gateway Service service to connect.

Time: 10:04:18 AM
Description:
The Application Layer Gateway Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Event Source: DCOM
Event ID: 10010
Time: 10:04:20 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
The server {C7E39D60-7A9F-42BF-ABB1-03DC0FA4F493} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

I noticed that the errors all said "User: N/A" except for that most recent one. I have no application errors.

Okay I fixed that, then I tried to scan with McAfee and it still doesn't work. I got each of these errors twice after attempting to scan:

Event ID: 10005
Time: 10:49:07 AM
Description:
DCOM got error "Access is denied. " attempting to start the service MCODS with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{C98F04D7-CD30-4BB0-B7D7-8DD7448520F2}

Time: 10:49:07 AM
Description:
The McAfee Scanner service failed to start due to the following error:
Access is denied.

The computer was working fine after that, but then it just now restarted by itself and I received this error:

Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Time: 12:42:42 PM
Description:
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 e2044000, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f2827e85.

I'm still getting the Application Layer Gateway errors too, but they don't seem to be doing anything specifically.

**EDIT: I believe that 1003 error above was because I needed to update my modem driver and another driver [forgot which one...] but, after restarting, I still received this error:

Event ID: 10010
Time: 1:47:47 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
The server {BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

I am so sorry about all the trouble.

The Error code 100000d1 usually means that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. This is frequently caused by a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

I had hoped we could find a cause troubleshooting Error Events, but that's not going to work. So follow the link in the last line of my Post #2 and maybe someone can help you with the logs.

I would like to, but the problem is I am still unable to use any of those programs to get the logs, and I want to know if there's a way to work around whatever's blocking them from working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back