HDMI graphic card -- built in audio

demetrish3

Hello,
My Pc is IBM Lenovo A63, intel core 2 duo 2gb ram, 320gb HDD.
Windows 7 - 32bit.
after opening my desktop pc i found a number (intel nh82801gb) and now i want to find out if i can make a change with my graphic card.
i want to put a card with an HDMI output, so i can watch movies & sound from my pc throught my av receiver.
my questions are:
1) which card do you thing is the best?
2) how can i know what is better to use DDR3 or DDR2?
3)and what shall i use? 512 Mb or 1GB?
thank you

most new graphics cards have a HDMI output with built-in audio...please tell us what ur budget is, so we can recommend cards accordingly .

Intel NH82801GB is the I/O contrioller, not the graphics.
Your A63 should come equipped with a 280w power supply, which should be enough for any home theatre orientated graphics card (PCI-E x16)
Some recommendations -subject to local availability of course.
AMD HD 5450 512Mb ( XFX , Sapphire for example) or
Nvidia GT 430 1GB (EVGA for example)
If you plan on some light gaming also, the the HD 6570 1GB might appeal (Gigabyte, Asus, MSI for example).

thank you guys.

my budget is till $80.
but you didn't tell me what is better...
DDR2 or DDR3?
512mb or 1gb?
some other guys told me that buying HD5450 either DDR2 or 3 it wont be a problem because my power supply is 280. so i figured out DDR2.
what do you suggest?
i'm not a gamer i'm movie fun. no games in my pc!
&

Till now i'm using Dvi-Hdmi cable. the screen is great in my Samsung HDTv but in my Sony HDtv something is wrong. with some resolution settings some parts of the screens are lost(like zoom in). if i change the resolution setting, the screen shrinks and it's like not using the full screen. but i think this thing needs to play just a bit more. would this problem with my sony tv be solved, after installing an HDMI graphic card?

my computer has an 280watt power supply and One half-length, full-height, PCI Express x16
what if i buy PCI Express 2.1? what is this?

my budget is till $80.
U.S. $'s? That is more than enough for a home theatre card
but you didn't tell me what is better...DDR2 or DDR3?
Makes no difference. Memory latency and bandwidth mean nothing for home theatre cards
512mb or 1gb?
Ditto. The extra memory might be handy for hardware acceleration (video encode/decode), but 512MB wouldn't be a deal breaker by any means.
some other guys told me that buying HD5450 either DDR2 or 3 it wont be a problem because my power supply is 280. so i figured out DDR2.
DDR2 is fine. I'd spend more time looking at the vendors warranty and accessory package (if any).
...would this problem with my sony tv be solved, after installing an HDMI graphic card?
Quite possibly. Check out the control panel options (Catalyst or Nvidia -whichever card you end up installing).
...what if i buy PCI Express 2.1? what is this?
A marketing gimmick.
For all intents and purposes, 2.0 and 2.1 are the same.

please help me because in on other forum one guy told me very confusing things.
some of those are:
"Your computer will not accept DDR2 and DDR3.. the key in the memory slot is different. Your computer was designed to hold what it originally had in it (DDR3).
2GB DDR3 Memory
The ThinkCentre A63 features two gigs of memory (1066 MHz/1333 MHz with 2 DIMM slots), which is plenty for the average office worker. In the event a user needs more RAM for memory-intensive applications, there is a free DIMM slot available.
Asus Rampage III Formula
Intel 920 @4.2G
Zalman CNPS10X Extreme CPU Cooler
2 x EVGA 295 GTX (OC= 684 - 1380 - 1119)
3 x 2048 OCZ 1600
4 x Corsair F40 SSD (Raid 0)
2 x WD 1T 6G (RAID0)
1 x Seagate Barracuda SATA II 1T
1 Benq M2700HD
Cooler Master HAF X
Silverstone Olympia OP1000 1000W
Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate
Vantage Score P38,515
Never argue with ******, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
It is a little unclear whether the op is referring to the memory on the videocard or the computer itself but I believe all the questions were related to the video.

Quote:
my questions for a Grapfic card are:
1) which Graphic card do you thing is the best?
2) how can i know what is better to use DDR3 or DDR2?
3)and what shall i used 512 Mb or 1GB?

#1 Asus P5E-VM HDMI (htpc backup)
2x 2gb Corsair Q6600 7900gt
Wd 250gb sata, NEC dvd burner
Antec Neo 480,Avermedia a180 HDTV,Cooler Master Mystique case
LG L246WP-BN 24" widescreen monitor,Vista Home Premium
#2 HTPC Athlon64 AM2 5000+ BE x2, CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-6400
ABIT AN-M2, TV Wonder 650 PRO, HauppaugeWinTV-HVR-1600
ASUS EN8600GT SILENT, LG BluRay/HD dvd combo
250gb Wd sata II,Xgene HTPC case +Scythe and SilentX fans
Panasonic AX100 projector + 106" Graywolf screen, Vista Home
Premium
#3 Asus Eee 4g"

honestly he confused me !!!

The guy on the other forum is talking about motherboard memory which has nothing to do with graphics card memory.

Back