Headphone malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye

Hello, I just signed up.. I am having some really wierd problems with my headphones. When I watch movies on my pc I can hear the action noises and stuff. But the actor's voice is very dimmed... And when I play games my sound works fine. But I plugged in my monitor speakers and it worked fine. Could you help me.

seems like the headphone mode is set maybe to 5.1 speaker. what sound device are you using?

start > control panel > sound

It could be the 5.1 setting as mentioned.

However, it sounds like you've plugged your headphones into the wrong jack. Its usually the green jack that you'd plug it in to (assuming its color coded).

Of course, they also could be programmable, and these settings have changed. If the above suggestions don't help, maybe more information about your graphics card (or motherboard if its built in) and OS (and whatever's relevent to your setup) would help.

My headphones are usb plug in (ASB AZ-1 7.1 surround sound). My graphics card is a 9300 GT nvidia. I am running Windows 7. Not sure about my motherboard though.

you can try go to start > control panel > sound

then select your headphone, in the left bottom click 'configure'. if you're running 7.1 setting then choose 7.1 and click on all the speakers to check if your headphone is working right.

i think your headphone is the culprit. not your pc. you should try configuring it to stereo instead. its not a proper 7.1 headphone.

edit: additional note:

if you installed the software for your headphone, try to re-adjust the system, if it fails, then uninstall and reinstall the headphone drivers.

@eagleeye.... that can be either hardware or software problem. If reinstalling does not help the situation then it must be hardware.
o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back