Help analysing a dump file

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Windows 2003 print and file server started rebooting periodically on the Easter weekend after running a Windows update.

I download and installed "Windbg" and the symbols but cannot get it to run properly because it comes back with a "*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ntkrnlmp.exe" error.

Can someone look at my mini dump file and tell me what they think is causing my system to be rebooting so frequently?

I have a memory dump file after that error but it is too huge to put in here.

Thanks for any help you can render.

Robert

This is just an update on my original post about infrequent rebooting by my server.

I ran all Dell diagnostics and a memory test (7 loops) without any errors showing up. I also ran a chkdsk before proceeding to uninstall the 3 programs which automatically runs in the background when the server is started (ArcServe Backup, Undelete, Diskkeeper.)

I disabled all 3 and monitored the server for a couple of days. The server did not crash so I enabled them one at a time over a period of one week. With the Undelete program enabled the system crashed again so I uninstalled that program. After a week with no crashing I re-installed Undelete and the system has not rebooted on its own since.

I believe a file connected to that program somehow became corrupted and the uninstall / re-install fixed the problematic file which was causing the arbitrary reboots.

UPDATE:

The server has rebooted again which leads me to believe there is a problem with the Undelete program as the server has not behaved this way since I reinstalled the software. I will contact the vendors on this and if they cannot resolve the issue I will look for another alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back