Help choosing a PSU

I am building a new computer soon, and would like to know which PSU would best suite my new computer. Any thoughts are appreciated. If you need other info, feel free to ask.

IN WIN Dragon Rider Black 1.0 - 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

ASUS P8P67-M (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

SAPPHIRE 100312SR Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Intel X25-M SSDSA2MH120G2K5 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

PLEXTOR Internal DVD Super Multi Black SATA Model PX-L890SA LightScribe Support x2

SABRENT CRW-UINB 68-in-1 USB 2.0 Internal Card Reader w/ USB 2.0 Port supports SDHC/VISTA

COOLER MASTER R4-L2R-20AC-GP 120mm Blue LED Case Fan x2

COOLER MASTER Hyper N 520 RR-920-N520-GP 92mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Intel Core i7 compatible -- I do not know if this will fit in the case with the stock 220m side fan the case comes with.

RAZER Lycosa Black USB Wired Gaming Keyboard

RAZER Lachesis 5600 Black 1 x Wheel USB Wired Laser 5600 dpi Mouse

I was think of using the Antec TruePower New TP-750 Blue 750W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply. But i do not know anything about PSUs.

Thanks in advanced ^^

I was looking at the mb and psu and saw that the motherboard takes a 8pin CPU connector, and that the PSU has a 4pin ATX and a 8pin EPS. Can the 8pin EPS be used for the CPU power connector?

Thanks

I agree with HK. I own a Razer Lycrosa, and its a seriously overated keyboard in my opinion. If you like your keys to feel hard its not too bad, but my experiences of it have been frustrating.

I also don't feel much of my Razer Deathadder gaming mouse either. I now own a Logitech G9 gaming mouse and am much happier with it. The Deathadder in comparison just doesn't feel right at all.

No comment on the PSU, as Rage has you well covered in that area.:)

The EPS12V connector is the motherboard CPU power connector, and is meant to be used as such.

The OP800 is an Impervio-built unit. Almost the same quality as the Antec, besides for the possibly-higher efficiency on the Antec supply and the fact that it's compliant with a newer ATX spec; overall, I'd choose the Antec.

However, if I'd be spending that much, I'd spend it on this PSU. It hits the sweet spot vis-a-vis price and performance, and it's a high-quality unit, so no problems there either. Also, make sure to use the promo code, if you buy it in time.

Good luck. :)

Thank you all for the help thus far. I think I will get the Antec because most of the cables I won't need can be disconnected to reduce clutter. Right now I have a Logitech G11 Keyboard and Logitech G5 Mouse. I think this keyboard is to big for my since i don't need all the macro keys. What Keyboard and Mouse would you suggest?

Thanks.

For the keyboard...free/super cheap whatever really IMO.
Mouse is definitely more important for me, but I still feel guilty for dropping so much money on my own razer arctosa and lachesis. In the future, I'd only spend <$30 USD absolute max.

Is that power pc power and cooling power supply not modular?

When I looked at it, it didn't look modular, but the Antec is like a hybrid modular. So a keyboard is a keyboard? Well I have never had any problems with Logitech, maybe ill find a new smaller Logitech keyboard, and maybe the same mouse I have. Will have to look around.

Thanks

Just my opinion, but there is no big difference in usability with a ≈$70 lycosa vs a decent "normal" keyboard, probably $10 max. Just not worth the cash o.o.

Just my opinion, but there is no big difference in usability with a ≈$70 lycosa vs a decent "normal" keyboard, probably $10 max. Just not worth the cash o.o.

I would agree with this as well, when compared with my Lycrosa - I have cheaper keyboards that feel much better, but its a personal preference so always hard to find a one size fits all solution online.

How would the G500 mouse and G110 be? The mouse seems like a better version of mine, and the keyboard a smaller version of mine. Well its also Logitceh, i have never had problems with them.

Thanks

i have the logitech G15 keyboard and the razor deathadder mouse both very nice i love them both.

naga razor here. My hand is too big to reach buttons 9-12, lmao. My g15 got caught in the basement flood last year, and I have been using a cheap logitech keyboard, cost me 8 dollars. That was last year when the american dollar was a little stronger:( I've spilled kool-aid, root beer and half a bottle of windex on it. Still works.

Back