Help deciding which CPU to buy

I'm building a pc from scratch for gaming and Photoshop and I need to decide between rather to order the I7-3770K from a friend from the U.S in late May with a discount that he has from Intel for just 169$+shipping. Or wait for my uncle to arrive from China in July and he can bring me I7-4770K or i5-4670K (they will probably be corresponding price). So I need to decide between i5-4670K (227$) and i7-3770K.(169$)
Will the i5-4670K be better then i7-3770K? What do you recommend to buy?
What about the Z78 boards and new chipset will they be better then the current?
In June there will be cheap mobos or only hi-end?

The 3770K should still be betther than the unreleased i5 part. However, that price you're getting it at ($169??) seems too good to be true. You might be getting ripped off.

If you can wait, I'd wait until Haswell is launched to see what happens.

I would go with the i7 3770K. I have built many workstations throughout the years and have noticed that the more cores, the better, especially if you work with high resolution projects. If you are using CS6, I would recommend the i7 since it is a quad core and has 4 threads that will come in handy when rendering in PS. What version of Photoshop will you be using? Also, make sure you get an AMD graphics card if you plan on upgrading to CS7 when it comes out since it will implement a rendering engine that will run much smoother on AMD cards.

It's the real deal he works at Intel they wont deceive him odiously.
So you say it's better to get an i7+z77 now then i5+z78 in July?

Well yeah, because the newest iteration of something always means it will be more pricey. I would wait and see how the Haswell launch goes as St1ckM4n said, and judge from there whether or not you should get the cheaper IB platform (it will be cheaper when Haswell is released).

Back