Help finding a file

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a google search trying to figure out how to locate a certain file on my hard drive and interestingly it gave me a link to this site. Unfortunately, I can't post the link because I do not yet have more than 5 posts.

However, when I try to open the link from either Google or a search hit from this site, I get an empty page.

Here's the title of the google hit:

C:\DOCUME~1\Jason\LOCALS~1\Temp\RtkBtMnt.EXE. If you search for this string using this sites search function, you will find the link

The wording that followed this headline lead me to believe the person answering the post was going to tell the poster how to find this file. I'm searching for a similar file on my hard drive. It is:

C:\Users\GGMARQ~1\AppData\Local\Temp\RtkBtMnt.exe

The first two folders I can find, one nested inside the other, however, there is no AppData in this indicated hierarchy. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance if you can help.

rtkbtmnt.exe or rtkbtmnt process info for Realtek HD Audio Data Rerouter
Note: Not everone has this audio driver installed

The Google link to TechSpot was because a thread here had information on this driver, actually here's that link:https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91961&highlight=rtkbtmnt.exe
But again, it was just one of the hits that Google reported.

Anyway just run CCleaner and remove all that temp stuff (not required)

Is your sound working?

Actually, this is the google entry I found and the link is below sans the techspot dot com at the beginning and the dot html at the end, since, technically, I can't post links yet. Notice the words "you'll probably need to do the following in order to find it" referring to the file. My sound is working fine. What I'm trying to figure out is how to find this file on my computer. When I click this link that appears to be giving instructions on just how to do that, it takes me to a blank page.

Spyware Problems - TechSpot Troubleshooting
The C:\DOCUME~1\Jason\LOCALS~1\Temp\RtkBtMnt.EXE file is still in your HJT log. You`ll probably need to do the following, in order to find it. ...
/vb/all/windows/t-53190-Spyware-Problems

By running CCleaner (link in my post above) that file will be removed
That file is a valid file anyway, but if your sound is working then you can safely remove it by running CCleaner. That is all.

If you run your spyware scan after running CCleaner, you will notice that it's gone.
Gone gone gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back