Help I feel I am going crazy - can someone please explain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Please bear with me whilst I TRY to explain my bizarre situation..

1. I posted this post asking for help as I was "told my BIOS password had been locked" see forums: Hardware & Teaking\Mobile Computing\Dell Bios Password removal pg 4 post 74 ( sorry I am not allowed to post links yet)

2. I have searched and searched for advice / help tried various sware fixes /tools and the general answers were the fixes wont work for a Service tag ending in 595B..

3. I was desperate to get into my bios to change boot sequence so I could run diagnostics from CD .. to verify if my HD was truly about to fail ..as Dell had suspected it might be

4. This morning I STILL could not get into the bios all I was getting is a Grey DELL screen saying "Primary HDD was protected by password authenticated … system and that I could not access disk without the password" BUT just now I HAVE been able to enter the BIOS !!!!!! I am in shock .. I THINK my problem has Vanished but HOW?

I am VERY confused as to what is going on here..

This is what I have just done

Booted up pressed F2
Entered Bios
Changed Boot Sequence to the following

CD/DVD
Internal HD
USB Storage Device

Looked at other settings and went to System Security

There it says Primary, Admin & HD password are ALL Disabled and gives my Service Tag : 3XGQC1J-595B

I also went into Setup

Booted up , pressed F12 entered Setup and passed the tests it ran .showing 100 % completion ..BUT then box popped up saying " No Diagnostic Utility Found, to run diagnostics insert dell Drivers & Utilities Cd, then select OK to restart syst and boot off Dell CD.

As I said in earlier post I received NO CDs with my laptop ..

So on the one hand I THINK my problem has Vanished, on the other I have NO idea what has been gogin on the past few days ...PLEASE can someone explain..

Many Thanks
tamba1

Is there there no one out there who can help/advise with this ?

Hi Posted this recently but as yet have had NO replies

Is there really no one in this forum who can help me understand WHAT has been gogin on with my laptopp.?

I look forward to hearing back from someone

Many thanks
tamba1

Password Mystery

Tamba1... does anyone have access to your system other than you?. If NOT, then you probably have a "back-door trojan" onboard, which gives it's owner access from a remote location. What speed do you have for an "internet connection. There's a way to clear that trojan, but you'll have to download a couple of appz first.
I'll be watching for your reply.

hiya Nope noone else has acces to my system and my laptop is clean .. had run numerous spyware/adware scanners etc ..

Hijack this log confirmed its clean too

But thanks for the info/suggestion

tamba1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back