Inactive Help I tried the 8step virus removal and got stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffonzones

I was given the thread for the 8step vir/malware removal and I just downloaded Avira yesterday, I completed the TFC, ran and completed MBAM, and also GMER, but when I click the link for DDS by sUBs it wouldn't work eventhough the green light on my laptop was flickering like it was processing something,but nothing ever came. So I used my desktop pc and clicked the link and it immediately pop-up, so I am not sure what is the next proper step in this. I tried other links to get DDS by sUBs and still same result. I will post the MBAM,GMER, and HijackThis logs and I would greatly appreciated any assistance. Thanks in advance....Oh yea the reason is because my laptop will take atleast 10+ minutes to startup half that to shut-down and recently I think a virus hacked in to my MSE AV because it started consistanly failing updates would take 4-6hours if the program would even open up.Even after I would re-install it. I tried AVG but I waited 8 hours and wasn't halfway done with install. Though Avira download fairly quick. And I also download Comodo Firwall yesterday too. In general it takes a longtime to do anything. 8 months ago this laptop eventhough it's pretty old ran as much as 80-90% faster than now.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5075

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

11/8/2010 11:37:56 AM
mbam-log-2010-11-08 (11-37-56).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 155823
Time elapsed: 25 minute(s), 10 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

GMER 1.0.15.15530 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit quick scan 2010-11-08 11:55:12
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Running: ky34m93t.exe

---- Services - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Service system32\drivers\geyekrpllolemp.sys (*** hidden *** ) [SYSTEM] geyekrecfmkdvi <-- ROOTKIT !!!

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

[HJT log removed - Broni]

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Please, observe forum's rules: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic154928.html

Thanks but I thought I did

Sorry about before, but I did all the steps and pasted all logs I didn't split them up though, but if read I couldn't run the DDS by sUBs. It would pop up for me to download?? Other than that I did everything else. do you see something I did wrong other than not splitting the logs after 50,000 chra.

Help I tried the 8step virus removal and got stuck
I was given the thread for the 8step vir/malware removal and I just downloaded Avira yesterday, I completed the TFC, ran and completed MBAM, and also GMER, but when I click the link for DDS by sUBs it wouldn't work eventhough the green light on my laptop was flickering like it was processing something,but nothing ever came. So I used my desktop pc and clicked the link and it immediately pop-up, so I am not sure what is the next proper step in this. I tried other links to get DDS by sUBs and still same result. I will post the MBAM,GMER, and HijackThis logs and I would greatly appreciated any assistance. Thanks in advance....Oh yea the reason is because my laptop will take atleast 10+ minutes to startup half that to shut-down and recently I think a virus hacked in to my MSE AV because it started consistanly failing updates would take 4-6hours if the program would even open up.Even after I would re-install it. I tried AVG but I waited 8 hours and wasn't halfway done with install. Though Avira download fairly quick. And I also download Comodo Firwall yesterday too. In general it takes a longtime to do anything. 8 months ago this laptop eventhough it's pretty old ran as much as 80-90% faster than now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back