Help me build the 16-Core, 32-thread Xeon monster PC

Steve Walton and others: Have 702,330 cancer patients. Math modeling software for estimating 24 million missing clinical diagnostics, and for testing pathogenesis models, runs too slow (many days) on a hex core Mac Pro xenon circa 2009.

Need help on build. Have completed 4 previous Mac/PC builds in my electronics workshop. Aiming for a xeon dual cpu mobo with win server 2012 on one solid state drive, and scientific linux with FPU and math-coprocessors enabled on a second solid state drive, dual boot.

Any help is appreciated

Thought I would start with ram, then determine mono, etc.
Just got an email from Gskillusa. They said they do not make ECC ram, which is a requirement for science/math computing.
Any suggestions for manufacturer and type would be appreciated.

I am about to fire one up, just waiting on a second eps 8 pin cable (should arrive tomorrow). The only slight reservation I have is bodging a 6 pin connector for the main case fan. I will let you know what happens. So far, cpu's are installed, ram installed, usb 3 pcie card installed and conected to front panel. pcie gfx card installed. hd, cd rom connected, PSU connected and cables connected. So all I need is one cable and a copy of win 10 in the drive. Thats my gaming rig next to it................IMG_0541(1).JPG

Last edited:
Back