help me decide fx5700 or radeon9600pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMOk3

those 2 videocards have the same price and i really dont know which one to select i cant affort a higher price !!! please help me!

Geforce Fx 5700 non ultra made by GalaxyZeus
or ATI Radeon 9600 Pro made by powercolor!!!

P.S. excuse my english

the radeon 9600 pro would be the faster of the two. and it has better DX9 capabilities. the 5700 ultra would be an equal match to the 9600 pro but not the non ultra.

Aren't there any other brands ? Those aren't very established brands ( allthough I've encountered PowerColor much more often then GalaxyZeus ).

What is it you intend to use the card for ?

I'm leaning towards the Powercolor card but only on name recognition I'm afraid.

If you want to make up your own mind, look for a few reviews on both chips. You might not find reviews of the exact brands you're talking about, but with the same chip, brands do not really differ from one as far as performance goes. Image quality, bundles & features is another matter.

Both are tested here -> VGA Charts Part III @ Tomshardware

That article is a good starting point, do not take a decision after reading that article alone. Look for some more reviews & do a summary of the different conclusions, then you'll have some arguments on which to base your final purchase.

The 9600Pro wins when compaired to the 5700 Non-Ultra everytime....if you can stretch to a 5700 Ultra that will thrash the 9600Pro and XT. basiclly :D.

Steg

Make sure you get all the specs for both cards. When brands aren't really in the spotlight like Abit, MSI, Asus, etc, they can sometimes put slower Ram for example without advertising it.

Double check everywhere possible ( manufacturor website, forums, user reviews on newegg, etc ).

bah - another ATi defecter...:D
oh - you already have an ATi card....well thats even worse - :)
no, honestly - we wont hold it against you.

ok, ok - im a bit of a fanatic...:D

Steg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back