pls give the brand and wattage of ur recomended psu

processor: amd athlon x3 450
mobo: asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (4GBx2) 1333 CL7
gpu:SAPPHIRE HD6770 1GB DDR5 128BIT VX
hdd:SEAGATE 500GB 7200 SATA

PSU: ???

thx in advance

500-600w is plenty, assuming your not using a dozen hard disks.

Anything from the likes of Antec (HCG models), Corsair (AX/VX/TX/GS models), Enermax, Seasonic, etc.

Let me know where you are, and how much your budget is for the power supply and I'll gladly recommend a few for you.

[LEFT]thx for the reply[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]im from philippines[/LEFT]
[LEFT]this are the available psu here[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]HEC COUGAR RS 550W ATX PSU(costs about 55-60$)[/LEFT]
[FONT=arial]Corsair VX550w 80PLUS True Rated(costs about 66-70$)[/FONT]
[LEFT][FONT=arial]Corsair GS600 600W, CMPSU-600GS(costs about 80-85$)[/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=arial]Seasonic 520W M12II520 80PLUS Bronze (Modular)(costs about 68-70$)[/FONT]
[LEFT][FONT=arial]Seasonic 520W S12II-520 80PLUS Bronze(same price as the modular one)[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=arial] [/FONT][/LEFT]

well i got lets say 90$ for the power supply

well im planning to install few 120mm fans for the cooling system is it still fine for me to have 500-600w power supply?
[LEFT] [/LEFT]

[LEFT]thx for the reply[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]im from philippines[/LEFT]
[LEFT]this are the available psu here[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]HEC COUGAR RS 550W ATX PSU(costs about 55-60$)[/LEFT]
[FONT=arial]Corsair VX550w 80PLUS True Rated(costs about 66-70$)[/FONT]
[LEFT][FONT=arial]Corsair GS600 600W, CMPSU-600GS(costs about 80-85$)[/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=arial]Seasonic 520W M12II520 80PLUS Bronze (Modular)(costs about 68-70$)[/FONT]
[LEFT][FONT=arial]Seasonic 520W S12II-520 80PLUS Bronze(same price as the modular one)[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]

well i got lets say 90$ for the power supply

well im planning to install few 120mm fans for the cooling system is it still fine for me to have 500-600w power supply?
[LEFT] [/LEFT]

Of those I'd probably go with the SeaSonic S12II/M12II
The corsair VX is based on the S12II bur being part of corsair's budget line it is a little more stripped down (not to say they are bad but the actual S12II/M12II is better)
I would avoid the corsair GS series since these are built by CWT not SeaSonic.
I probably also wouldn't go with the HEC, HECs are hit and miss some are good some are not, SeaSonic is a much better bet.

Of those I'd probably go with the SeaSonic S12II/M12II
The corsair VX is based on the S12II bur being part of corsair's budget line it is a little more stripped down (not to say they are bad but the actual S12II/M12II is better)
I would avoid the corsair GS series since these are built by CWT not SeaSonic.
I probably also wouldn't go with the HEC, HECs are hit and miss some are good some are not, SeaSonic is a much better bet.

thx for ur reply
well ive seen some reviews about hec and all you said about it is true some are good and some are not

can that seasonic 520w handle my preferred specs with lets say 3-5 120mm fans?

thx for ur reply
well ive seen some reviews about hec and all you said about it is true some are good and some are not

Yes, psi choice is most dependant on your gpu choice, amd recommends 450 watt for the 6770, meaning the max load from the 6770 is relatively low so a 520 watt would suffice for the fans and anything you throw at it until you decide to crossfire the 6770.

thx for ur reply

[FONT=Arial]Yep, I ran those specs through a PSU calculator (including the fans) and came out with approximately 375w so a 520w will be plenty and even give you some room for future upgrades.[/FONT]

Yes, psi choice is most dependant on your gpu choice, amd recommends 450 watt for the 6770, meaning the max load from the 6770 is relatively low so a 520 watt would suffice for the fans and anything you throw at it until you decide to crossfire the 6770.

thats a nice explanation you gave right there
everyone recommends 520w psu here so il take ur recommendations :)
probably il get this unit by next week
so il post of how this build performs :)

[FONT=Arial]Yep, I ran those specs through a PSU calculator (including the fans) and came out with approximately 375w so a 520w will be plenty and even give you some room for future upgrades.[/FONT]

many thx for the answers :)
i found this forum to be helpful :)
as i said above ill keep this thread updated :) thx

another question

is my build fine or total waste of money?

i just use my pc for gaming probably 12 to 15 hrs a day its long because i leave it on when i sleep sometimes
i play MMO games by the way :) and not hardcore games

I agree with the Seasonic 520W as discussed above, though I would get the modular version so you can cut down on the cables you aren't using. Also, bear in mind the Corsair VX series PSUs carry a 7 year warranty, so that is also something you should consider. They're exceptional PSUs.

Your computer will be fine for gaming, though I would recommend (if the budget can be extended) that you invest in a HD6870 instead of the HD6770, as it will offer an improvement in games. Given the amount you game, it will be a worthwhile upgrade that shouldn't break the bank too much. You should also be able to play most MMO games at full HD then as well, with decent settings whilst maintaining 60FPS.

I personally use the HD6870 -- there is no doubt it is seriously impressive as a mid-range card given the pricing these days. The Seasonic will power it absolutely fine.

I agree with the Seasonic 520W as discussed above, though I would get the modular version so you can cut down on the cables you aren't using. Also, bear in mind the Corsair VX series PSUs carry a 7 year warranty, so that is also something you should consider. They're exceptional PSUs.

Your computer will be fine for gaming, though I would recommend (if the budget can be extended) that you invest in a HD6870 instead of the HD6770, as it will offer an improvement in games. Given the amount you game, it will be a worthwhile upgrade that shouldn't break the bank too much. You should also be able to play most MMO games at full HD then as well, with decent settings whilst maintaining 60FPS.

I personally use the HD6870 -- there is no doubt it is seriously impressive as a mid-range card given the pricing these days. The Seasonic will power it absolutely fine.

thx again for this helpful reply
i think i have to check the shop for the parts that i need
as for the gpu i dont think that they have the 6870 but i will ask them if they can get 1 from their other branches

Back