Help please... (Networking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xythoces

First, my problem, then the back-story.
Whenever I attempt to connect to a wireless AP, My computer never seems to be able to connect to the internet. It says something like "Attempting to establish IP address" or something like that... Well... It never actually connects.
Also, It does it on both of my adapters: Broadcom Built-in AND a Belkin USB adapter (Which I hate- due to faulty software). NEITHER of them connect. and this happens for EVERY wireless connection. I think it could be related to TCP/IP... but I'm not an expert.

However, I Do like to mess around with settings... so I may have turned something off and forgot to turn it back on... but still

Backstory: I live across from a school and use their WIFI. Two months ago I thought they didn't care about it. One and a half months ago, I thought I was proven wrong. I haven't been able to connect since late January. So, I decided I wanted something faster than dial today, and I went to the public Library. I couldn't connect there either. I had the same problem as I did with the normal WIFI. ... ... ... So, I tinkered with my connection... couldn't fix it, here I am.

AHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE MYSELF!!!!!!!

Like I said, It was my fault... I had turned off several networking services (In Services.msc) in order to gain more system resources for a short period of time... So... here I am... with the services turned back on... and my internet back...

FOR ALMOST TWO MONTHS!!! GAH!!!! ARGH!!!!....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back