Help: Problem with Radeon 9800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have some problems with the Radeon 9800 Pro i just bought. After installation, it seemed to run ok, but when i started a game (Prince of Persia 2), bad pixels started to show up on screen. After i quit the game, there are bad pixels all over the desktop. I have a Dell Dimension 4500

CPU: 2.0G
RAM: 512M
4x AGP

Could that be a over-heating problem? Please help. thx.

the drive i installed is

catalyst 5.3, the newest one

is there any setting i should do in bios and in the card control panel? Thx.

Is your video card overclocked at all?? If it is then bring it back to stock and see if you have the same problem. What is your case temp becuase it could be that your case isnt providing good air flow for the card..

hi, it's not overclocked, i believe. i openned up the case the same problem remains. Just by touching it i don't think it's over-heating. Anyone else had similiar problem before?

Lower the clockes a bit, effectively "underclocking" it, and see if the problem goes away. If it does, heat problem....

I'd guess heat issue....

noontide said:
thx. i have a dumb question then, how to lower the clock? Also, will adding a heat stick or a video card fan help?

Use ATI Tool found HERE . I found it invaluable for diagnosing an issue (same thing) with a 9800XT I have. Using another heat sink didn't correct the issue. I RMA'd it with ATI and they supplied a new one for me. Check your warranty on the card if you've surmised that heat is your issue. Let them repair/replace it if it's still under warranty...especially if you're a little squeemish about messing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back