Help - the system has recovered from a serious error wont go away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I keep getting the pop up of the system has recovered from a serious error constantly after boot. It will not go away. I am running a windows xp sp3 on an hp6730b laptop.

the error code report gives the following information in it
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F5A7FEE9 BCP3 : F76F5788
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I have tried searching on this and have been unable to figure out what is causing it.
I did have a problem with the hpsecurity program but I updated it and fixed that issue. Now there does not seem to be anything else broken but this error wont go away. Please help
thanks,
Janine

Name and brand of computer, as well as how old it is... and what is installed.
This could be a memory failure, a hard drive failure, a driver failure, a video graphics failure... or other hardware issue.
Sometimes it is caused when you simply do not have enough memory for it to run properly...
We will likely also need to know what your problem was with the "HP Security Program" and what you did about it.
Will the computer run in low resolution screen in <SAFE MODE> which you access by shutting down, then waiting 20 seconds, then depress the start button, and immediately depress the <F8> button repeatedly once per second until it reboots... You should get a screen that says safe mode, then you can take a look at your computer...
If it runs in <SAFE MODE>, then we know it is fixable by you... it may take some work yet to figger out what and how..

the computer is new to the office. I am using an administrator account to do any work on it.

It is an HP laptop model 6730b with dual core processors.

The hp protect tools security manager application error that was coming up I research to a forum post for a fix for that application. (asghost.exe) Once the update to the app was applied this error went away. This program comes stock with the laptop and can not be uninstalled.

Applications on it are skype, msoffice2003, picasa3, tweetdeck, citrix metaframe client, Avg antivirus, and boingo wifi. Plus the usual window media player.

I can post what is listed under the event viewer, application log for more information if you would like. I have basic understand of troubleshooting and this is something I need guidance on.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back