Help with building a desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
By normal office use do you mean very heavy multitasking? Because with 8GB or RAM and the Quad you will have some serious power at hand. Everything there should be compatible, only suggestion is a more capable Graphics solution maybe a HD 4670 or even the HD 4830 with the later you would have good office PC with gaming potential.

Get rid of the DDR3 board and swap it for the DDR2 version (GA-MA770-UD3). You can then get an inexpensive 4GB DDR2 kit from Corsair, Crucial, OCZ, Kingston or G.SKILL to go with it. I also recommend going with a dual-core CPU like the Athlon II X2 250 and the HD 4670, as well as the Corsair 400CX PSU. That would bring the cost down by a lot and still give you enough power for WoW and office use.

IMO, you do not need the extra power of the quad-core CPU and the video card, as well as the 650W PSU. The DDR3 RAM also holds no advantage for you.

rage i tihnk if he is going to build a new computer he might as well build one he can upgrade and a dd2 build is not the way to go imo.

Hi Rage, I think an AM3 / DDR3 system provides a better upgrade path for later. Also, the system I recommended is cheaper than the initial build he had in mind. :)

Shows how little I know about AMD CPUs :p Darn silly withs its AM2, AM2+, AM3 shenanigans...

Anyways, Ritwik gets my vote too.

If the only purpose of the PC is office use and WoW (no other new games), then I'll say that the OP might as well go with Rage's suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back