Help with HJT log - i got no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I am not new to security for computers but this log file that HJT creates just completely baffles me. if you have the time please have a look and tell me if i have any nasties.

btw the computer is a dell inspirion 9300 running a pentium m with xp. it is 4 years old now.

i have norton antivirus and zonealarm on at the moment

any help would really be apreciated

dan

What problem are you having?
I don't see anything alarming, but I am no expert on hijack logs.
You will probably get assistance soon from Howard_Hopkinso or Momok or one of the other very effective people.
If it were mine, I would temporarily remove all reminants of Symantec and Norton, then run online scans from at least three sources.... Computer Associates EZArmor, Panda, TrendMicro, Nodsu, etc to discover what they find, if anything.
Or you can download the free AVG Antispyware, AVG Antivirus, and AVG Rootkit, along with another program.

It might be useful to know why you think you have a problem with an infestation. What computer and OS do you have? What problems are giving you troubles?

You are running an out dated version of HJT. You need to do the following.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of Chronic-D only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back