Help with malware: c:\windows\aconti.log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Hazard!

Hello,

My laptop recently got infected and the desktop image changed to one that states:

'Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on you PC" etc.

Also, the icons are all highlighted in pink. I have attached a screenshot image in case anyone wants to see what I am trying to decribe. When I start the laptop, the windows security center system warning runs and states that the threat is "c:\windows\aconti.log" and "C:\Program Files\akl\unsetup.exe" but i'm sure there are many more. I also get pop-ups about every minute or so. Is there a safe way to fix this without losing all of my docs, pics, etc? Thank you in advance.

Hi Dj Hazard!,

Obviously you shouldn't click on any of those links, and you should not download any of the programs to remove the infection unless you are instructed to below.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)AVG log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of Dj Hazard! only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back