Help with minidump files n BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

for half a year now my acer aspire 4520 noebook had been having random BSOD, sometimes it seems to go away, ut in a while it will come back. Pls help me, cuz i am really frustated with it. thanks in advance. If you need more info, I'm more than happy to provide it.

system spec:
Window Vista Ultimate sp1
AMD TL-58
n-force 600m Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce 700M
2Gb DDR2 Ram
120Gb Hdd

p.s. If i post in the wrong section pls tell me, thanks

Inside the 3 Minidumps:
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 81e7d34f, 9ab41ac4, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe
PROCESS_NAME: audiodg.exe

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 878500c0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe
PROCESS_NAME: LimeWire.exe

Hmm, that last one is a concern
Limewire is a filesharing program, that is notorious for downloading Virus\Malware

Have a look at:

Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

the situation juz get worse, occasionally my screen will go hang with blurred white lines across screen with the harddisk n wireless modem light stopped blinking(on) , do any1 have any idea wat is wrong? could it be memory or harddisk problem?

pls help

well, today i tried using window's last known good configuration, n it seem to be pretty good so far. I will report back after about 24 hours.

Plus, it seems strange, but i get a usb port BSOD today, could there be a problem with my motherboard?

oopsie, crashed~

it crashed again T.T, now i think the HD or motherboard is the culprit cuz it even crashed during the motherboard logo screen, as a last resort before sending it to hell/acer repair shop, i try now reinstalling the chipset n harddisk (sata) driver.

god pls help me~

p.s. do anyone have any idea how can i fix it by myself?

So far the Minidumps and errors do not point to Motherboard issue
Rather a driver or Malware issue :rolleyes: ie my first reply to you!

solved, could be~

i can't believe my luck, after i disabled my wireless, my comp is error free for 2 days, now i'm trying to find a newdriver 4 it. will report back in a while.

Tq

okay, i think i pinpointed the problem. my comp only freezes during graphically intensive program such as warcraft or cod4, or on for a few hours. I think that the main problem is with mobo or graphic card temp cuz after every freeze i would have to wait 2-4 minutes b4 i can reboot without the teared screen of death or juz black screen. but since mine is a laptop, i can't do anything about it,zzz. may be this is worth the warranty?

p.s.acer sucks!!

I believe the warranty issue is valid only after you have run all their Diagnostic discs and confirmed hardware faulty

I don't want to get stuck into why these games cause the fault
I've seen it on many threads, with users patching this and patching that
I think I would just stop playing those games on that hardware setup, others may disagree (I just don';t want to get involved on these long winded issues, regarding games not working)

okay, i installed speedfan and it shows tat my cpu temp at whooping 60 degree celcius even when idle, haiz. can any1 tell me how to clean up this mess? or would i have to send this freaking lappy back to acer for warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back