Aspire 4520 bsod in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all, i'm having new problems with my fresh install of vista on an aspire 4520, with all the drivers from the manufactureer's website, so far i ruled out sound driver(realtek) as i still experience bsod when using window's default driver.
The problem is, this bsod almost always come randomly and i havent install much programs(aside from acrobat reader and such), plus, if i just leave it on whole day without touching it/afk, it wont experience any bsod..Please help!!!!

system spec:
Window Vista Ultimate sp1
AMD TL-58x2
n-force 600m Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce 700M
1Gb DDR2 Ram
120Gb Hdd

attached herewith is my minidump:

ps.last time i posted in this forum for the same lappy was due to hd error, now is entirely new prob!!!

hmm...i get another bsod while using firefox, loading several webpage at once...note i havent swap the memory....

plus, is all 3 bsod crash is due to the mem prob?

All three minidumps only cite Windows OS drivers as the cause and they are usually too general to be of much help.

One error is 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Another error is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware (and are a strong indicator of corrupted memory) though sometimes they can be due to drivers.

The third error is 0xA and these are due to either hardware or drivers.

*** Go with Tmagic650's advice.

Yes Route44,
BSOD's are caused by bad memory or a corrupted driver or hard drive 95%. in laptops, memory is the first thing swapped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back