Ever Increasing BSOD (All Info Included)

DemonVenom

The Random but ever increasing BSOD have prompted me to finally gather all the Info I could before posting here. I really hope someone can help me out!...
While gathering my Info about my RAM in particular I found some surprises (I thought the Corsair vengeance were in slots 1 & 2 and that all 4 pieces of RAM were 1600MHz)
The Fact that various software programs have experienced random issues of late as well makes me think maybe my SSD or HHD are possibly struggling causing the issue... I just Don't know... anyway Here are the Specs & Info I gathered along with the requested Mini-dump Zip
(Also my Name isn't BOB but I changed it in the Blue Screen Report because... I'm a Weirdo haha!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF800034C95E4
BCP3: FFFFF88002377A50
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\030916-23244-01.dmp
C:\Users\BOB\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-44460-0.sysdata.xml
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY PC:
MoBo: MSI – A75MA-G55 (MS-7696) &
Processor/APU: AMD A8-3850 (Llano Quad Core) @2.9GHz
Graphics:APU has Radeon HD 6550D (512Mb) &
GPU: is an AMD Radeon HD 6570 Card (1GB)

Display Memory: 4095 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1004 MB
Shared Memory: 3091 MB
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Power Supply: 450W

Memory: 16384 MB RAM (16GB)
Slots 1 & 2: Corsair XMS3 - 2x4GB (DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10666)
Number of banks 8
Nominal Voltage 1.50 Volts
EPP no
XMP no
AMP no

Slots 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance - 2x4GB (DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800)
Number of banks 8
Nominal Voltage 1.50 Volts
EPP no
XMP yes
XMP revision 1.2
AMP no

Max bandwidth: PC3-10700H (667 Mhz) Is Showing for Each RAM Chip!??
Available OS Memory: 15862MB RAM
Page File: 3004MB used, 13655MB available

Hard Drives:
C Drive: 120GB Samsung SSD 840 Series (NTFS with OS on it, ONLY 19GB Free!)
D Drive: 2TB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (NTFS)

DVD Drive
: LG GH24NS50 Super Multi (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM)
Dual Monitors:
Monitor 1: Haier 32inch TV MTC26T42 (Mode: 1920 x 1080 /32 bit/ 30Hz) (HDMI)
Monitor 2: Acer H236HL (Mode: 1920 x1080 /32 bit/ 60Hz) (DvI)
Speaker System- Logitech Z623

Mini-Dump:

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    365.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi. I'm not a BSOD boffin, but a tinkerer. If it were my problem, I would try to make sure all the hardware was right. Thorough cleaning including disconnecting, inspecting and reconnecting everything (I told you I was a tinkerer, right). I might leave out one set of memory and Memtest86+ overnight on the other - then do the same for the other set.

I think you recognize the issue with C: and lack of space.

The mixed memory will properly run at the speed of the slower. Voltage matches. 667 mhz dualed is 1333.

I would also haul out HWInfo and let it run in background build up range of temps and voltages - peak temps might say something - dogging voltages (more than 3% below nominal) might say something.

Some folks recommend turning 'auto-restart on error' OFF so you can read the messages.

Thanks Very Much For the Reply, I appreciate the Help!
... I would try... Thorough cleaning including disconnecting, inspecting and reconnecting...
I've Already done a Complete System "Tear Down" & Cleaning, systematically swapping out RAM etc.
I think you recognize the issue with C: and lack of space.
Yep 100%.... I'm working on trying to lower it to "Half-Full" at the moment!
I would also haul out HWInfo and let it run in background build up range of temps and voltages - peak temps might say something - dogging voltages (more than 3% below nominal) might say something.
Some folks recommend turning 'auto-restart on error' OFF so you can read the messages.
Not Sure What exactly this all means but, as I tell most folks, "Google is Your Friend".... So I'll Check it all out now!
I Don't understand BSOD reports that well.... But it seems the other issues occurring might be suggesting it's related to either my D Drive (Storage) going "Bad" or Corrupt OS Files on My C (SSD).... Unfortunately SFC says it's unable to fix the errors.... CHKDSK wants me to "Un-mount" the D Drive before running and I'm worried (Potentially for no Reason) that where the "Document Files Etc." from the OS are actually stored on that it may cause issues... Still looking more into what Un-mounting it entails!

Not Sure What exactly this all means but, as I tell most folks, "Google is Your Friend".... So I'll Check it all out now!
I Don't understand BSOD reports that well.... But it seems the other issues occurring might be suggesting it's related to either my D Drive (Storage) going "Bad" or Corrupt OS Files on My C (SSD).... Unfortunately SFC says it's unable to fix the errors.... CHKDSK wants me to "Un-mount" the D Drive before running and I'm worried (Potentially for no Reason) that where the "Document Files Etc." from the OS are actually stored on that it may cause issues... Still looking more into what Un-mounting it entails!
SFC can't fix?!? Ugly. I might take all of my time to back up all of my documents and pix - just in case.

Could you have some kind of malware lurking in the shadow?

I forgot... http://www.hwinfo.com/

Samsung SSD 840 Series - did you run the wizard thing on the Samsung website?

.... I might take all of my time to back up all of my documents and pix - just in case.
Yep... That was the 1st thing I did... All the main stuff anyway... Still have a couple things left to back up!
Could you have some kind of malware lurking in the shadow?
I doubt it as I've run at least 10 different Malware, Junkware, PUP etc Removers...
I forgot... http://www.hwinfo.com/ ..........
Samsung SSD 840 Series - did you run the wizard thing on the Samsung website?
Hmmm Cool Thanks!... I'll run it tonight, always good to have some different diagnostic software... As far as the Samsung "Thingy" I haven't got that far yet (Been Gone for work) but I'll also give that a try soon as well. Thanks again for offering some help here! :)
I kind of though someone who "specializes" in BSOD's mite have looked at the log etc. and been able to tell me at least where I should focus, if not the exact issue.... I've seen countless others diagnosed quickly.... Maybe I'll have to see who was good reading someone else's Log file and send them a PM to see if they'd mind shedding some light here :'(

Did anyone suggest looking at the Event Viewer for root causes of failures? Start with the System log and scan for ERROR

Did anyone suggest looking at the Event Viewer for root causes of failures? Start with the System log and scan for ERROR
Thanks for the reply Jobeard... you've solved more problems for me in the past than anyone else so I'm hoping this may possibly be another :)
I'll admit Most of the stuff in the event Viewer confused me... I went to the section titled "System" and began scanning through there were a couple That said "Fatal Error 47 schannel" & Fatal Error 20.... and a few unexpected shutdowns!
The most frequent one says "The System failed to Flush Data to the transaction Log. corruption may occur." it's a warning with Ntfs by it. I've read various things about it from it being not safely removing usb devices etc... Most things say to do a chkdsk.
aside from that there is a warning saying that the drivers for the cd rom didn't load on start up!

Also I ran that HDINFO64 tool... but none of the info it brought up meant anything to me!
Sfc/ Scannow unfortunately finds issues but doesn't fix them for me.
I may attempt to scan the HDD to "fix errors" unmounting it.... I was leary to do do this but from what I read unmounting it won't cause any issues... just sounded scary when I first saw "you must unmount this drive 1st anything connected with it may stop working" I have an SSD with my operating system on it and a HDD for storage but my folders like "My Doc, My Pics etc. are set to store on the HDD..... Uhhhh so confused! :eek:

"I'll admit Most of the stuff in the event Viewer confused me..."

Review http://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-admin-tools-like-a-pro/lesson3/

"Also I ran that HDINFO64 tool... but none of the info it brought up meant anything to me!"

Temperatures and voltages should be within specs for your CPU, GPU, PSU, and motherboard - the sensors page in HWInfo tracks history of these and gives ranges - temps too high or volts too low would lead to an understanding of hardware issues.

"Sfc/ Scannow unfortunately finds issues but doesn't fix them for me."

Repeat advice: SFC can't fix?!? Ugly. I might take all of my time to back up all of my documents and pix - just in case.

Further: Some suggest running SFC 2 or 3 times before giving up.

Run checkdisk (run on restart)? Check SMART?

Beyond that you can try a 'repair' (Google: Repair Windows 10 Using Repair Tool ) or check Microsoft http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/repair-recovery .

Boot into Safe Mode and login as Admin.

get a command prompt
enter CHKDSK C: /F /R

it will ask to schedule this for the next boot? say YES and then reboot.
Don't touch anything until the desktop reappears - - take the dog for a walk as it runs quite a long time to complete.

You can also run CHKDSK on any USB thumbdrive just make sure you know the correct Drive letter (you don't need to reboot to do these devices)

Back