rosscoton

I have the following system.

FUJITSU SIEMENS P5GD1-FM

512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM0' has 256 MB
Slot 'DIMM1' is Empty
Slot 'DIMM2' has 256 MB
Slot 'DIMM3' is Empty

Each memory slot can hold DDR PC2700,DDR PC3200 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.* Currently I have 2 x pc3200 at 256mb.

It will not support ECC memory but supports dual channeling memory.

Now I want to buy 4x 1GB which is the maximum. What type would I buy (it shows things like 184 pins or 240pins?) and where would the best place to get these.

Thanks in advance.

I never once realised how low my memory was until I'm using the PC an awful lot now. It has a 3.20 processor which would run a whole lot faster with adequete memory.

Put DDR PC3200 1 GB in each slot... all of the same brand and model. It is all DDR400 200 Pin... and the prices are going up so rapidly that it takes your breath away.
No memory maker is making anymore DDR SODIMM 200 pin DDR400 memory, so the price leaps as stock disappears. Do it now.
Just remember, for now, if using Windows XP, use Service Pack 3... and it will still only recognize 3.5 GB of the memory... but VISTA will find it all.
If you hav WXP, get the 4 GB anyway so you can upgrade to Windows 7 should you decide to do so.

Avoid eBay. Too much risk. Too frequently previously used. Current memory from regular high rated online vendors is nearly as inexpensive, has more reliable shipping, and can be easily returned. We have been happy for years with Kingston, Crucial, Infineon, Corsair, and OCZ...

I'm sorry to be annoying here but I've searched for the following:
PC3200 DDR SODIMM 400MHZ 200Pin

These seem to bring up loads however it's always laptops. Am I looking for the correct memory or am I missing something?

On most sites, Laptop and desktop memory are in separate categories
Search for
DDR PC3200 or DDR PC3200 Sodimm

Additional information DDR400 or DDR 400

Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

This was the one recommended, anyone any idea where I could buy this and get it posted. I live in the Scotland (UK).

Thanks again, and apologies for all the questions.

www.zipzoomfly.com, www.newegg.com, www.directron.com, www.tigerdirect.com, www.kahlon.com, www.outpost.com, www.frys.com, www.techdepot.com, www.pcmall.com, and www.crucial.com all have it. You do not need Kingston... Crucial, Infineon, Buffalo, and Corsair are equal, but several of these listed sell Kingston. Crucial is excellent and has great customer services, as do zipzoomfly.com, kahlon.com, directron.com, and newegg.

Just search for DDR Sodimm, or DDR PC3200, or DDR 400. Also DDR PC2700 will work fine in the fujitsu.

Certainly some of those will ship to Scotland... but it is also available in the UK. That memory is no longer made, so you are buying from reserve stock that is going up in price almost weekly. Do not heistate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back