Help with redirecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally can use google to fix my viruses through the years but this one has me stumped. Its on my work laptop and its driving me insane. Attached is my HJT log. I would appreciate if someone could help me. Lots of redirecting of urls i type in. I figured it was the 'searchassistant" & 'customizesearch' lines in my HJT log but i cannot delete them or i just havent figured out how.

Hello. I have one problem. SuperAntiSpyware will not run. i already had this installed before all these problems and it had stopped working. I just re-download it but this one will not load either. I did the CCleaner & Malwarebytes. Any suggestions on the SuperAntiSpyware? i had to rename the Malwarebytes to .bat file in order for that to work.

Hi Armada74,

Did you manage to get MBAM running? Sometimes spyware will stop certain programs running, but you can remove them with another program and then come back with another scan of SuperAntiSpyware. I'd suggest running all that you can without doing Super Anti Spyware, and then try again at the end.

Then you can post your logs, give me a shout if you run into anymore issues :)

Hi again.

I could not get SuperAntispyware to work. I did ccleaner, HJT & MBAM. I attached the logs from them. Hopefully this can help me get my issues resolved. Thanks!

Attachments

• mbam-log-2009-05-27 (00-10-48).txt
    852 bytes · Views: 5
  • HJT.txt
    11.7 KB · Views: 6
Sorry for the late reply

Does it give you an error when you run SuperAntispyware? Or just not run at all.

If it is spyware stopping this, then sometimes you can bypass this by redownloading the file and naming it something like 123.exe .

I would suggest running SDFix, here are the instructions to do so, you can then post the log up here

Will have a lookie at your HijackThis log and get back to you :)

When i try to run SuperAntispyware a box immediately pops up saying-SuperAntispyware has stopped working. I also cannot run SDfix. A box just pops up real quick the disappears. I'm at a lost right now. Thanks for helping.

Hi Armada74,

I would say it's safe to try a more deeper fix and go for ComboFix

The instructions are here

Please follow them carefully as ComboFix is a powerful program and if used incorrectly can cause damage.

Another tip is when downloading the program, rename it before you save it to desktop so that the spyware doesn't stop it from running. Try 123.exe for example.

Hope this helps!

Sorry in compliance with the guidelines of this forum, I'll step down from helping and leave this one to the Malware team.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Please wait for an experienced helper to recommend other cleaning programs. SDFix and Combofix should only be use with guidance.

Amanda, the HijackThis log shows that you are running both AVG and Kaspersky antivirus. Please decide which you want and uninstall the other.
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~2\mzvkbd.dll,C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~2\mzvkbd3.dll,C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~2\adialhk.dll,C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~2\kloehk.dll,avgrsstx.dll

The KIS entries aren't correct, plus they are being followed by AVG. This may be the cause of the problem.

Please handle this. The try to run Superantispyware. IF there is still a problem, try to run it in Safe Mode. Rescan wit HijackThis when finished> include logs for both HJ and SAS.

SDFix doesn't work with Vista and so far, I don't see cause to run Combofix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back