Help with Spyware/Virus removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

First time here and thought I would see if I could get some help. I have a virus/spyware that is really bothering me.

It changed my desktop background to a blue screen that says "Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on your PC. Along with some links.

I get random webpage popups. I get security alets that say my computer is infected.

My task manager is disabled.

I have Spybot search and destroy on my PC but when I click to open it Spybot won't even open.

I read through the 8 steps to remove spyware sticky and I started going through them and I downloaded Malwarebytes and when I click to open it the program won't even start.

Can anyone help? Please?

Welcome to TS. It's regrettable that this thread was not acknowleged in a timely manner. I am trying to anticipate your needs.

First -
Special case where after installing MBAM and SAS they will not update or run
Read here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic116603.html

Afterwards -

Presently, the method being used for this type of infestation (non-plug and play) is becoming more ‘typical’.

Successive scans are used to uncover additional infections, since masking is common with many infestations. When a tool reports something it can not clean, that's when the strategy calls for a stronger scanner. The sequence for applying the scanners begins with the standard scanners (fully updated) and ends with the stronnger cleaner, with a side benifit that it adds information about the comparative effectiveness among the tools.

The TDSS exploit (among other non-plug and play driver exploits) is quite the rage. The temptation is to package a method for this. However, the result would be quite lengthy and possibly confusing, since it is not possible to anticipate contributing factors.

We will supplement our guide with a special scan / tool.

Overview -
  • Update both scanners (MBAM, SAS). MBAM version 1306 is many weeks old!
  • ComboFix is a very effective tool that scans / fixes hard to clean infections. Additionally, it includes diagnostic information.
  • Uninstall old copy of ComboFix - if tool was used previously

Supplement to guide. Successive scans used to uncover additional infections.
  • Update both MBAM & SAS. Rerun them both.

• This effort is complete when logs report NO infections/threats, or reporting something it can not clean.

• Follow ComboFix instructions referenced below.

• Scan with HJT. (part of instructions for ComboFix)

• Posts logs. Report progress & what changes are observed. Include logs that found infections.

Please see this for instructions:
Temporarily Disable Real Time Monitoring Programs:

• 1 Spybot S&D (Teatimer)
  • 2 Ad-Aware Ad-Watch
  • 3 Spywareguard
  • 4 Windows Defender
  • 5 TrojanHunter Guard
  • 6 Disable SpySweeper
  • 7 WinPatrol
  • 8 CounterSpy
  • 9 AVG Anti-Spyware (formerly ewido)
  • 10 Spyware Doctor