Help with two viruses: Win32: VB-LAX Win32: Trojan-gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys

Hope I've posted this okay and attatched the right files. I've got an issue with two viruses which my avasti found in my TEMP folder. It won't let me delete them.

Win32: VB-LAX
Win32: Trojan-gen.

My computer keeps on freezing, often cpu is 100 without doing anything.

Many thanks

Malwarebytes shows "No action taken." This means you did not follow this:
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

Update and run it again with this checked.

It is also likely you didn't find a similar line in Superantispyware:
Make sure everything found has a checkmark next to it,then press 'Next'

Update and run it again.

To remove Zango, follow this:

• 1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel
    2) Double click on Add/Remove Programs
    3) Find "Zango" in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. There may also be a program called Media Gateway, remove it as well.
    zangouninstall.jpg

You'll be presented with the following screen during the uninstall process, you'll want to check either the Zango toolbar or Search Assistant, or both before clicking Next to complete the uninstall.
    zangouninstall2.jpg

4) Reboot your Computer and run HijackThis- I will review and tell you which entries to remove.
    5) If for any reason, Zango did not completely uninstall, click on the following link to download and run the uninstaller. http://www.zango.com/Uninstall/ZUninstaller.exe

If you decide later you want to play the games or watch the videos on Zango's site, you'll have to reinstall their software.

Attach new logs for Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and HijackThis.

I note entries for both Avast and McAfee. Decide which you want and remove the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back