Help with Vaio desktop

i just recently got a sony vaio from rent-a-center
how ever theres some things i want for it that didnt come with it
bluray bluetooth adapter ect
i have searched the internet for things like walkthrous ect so i can learn to add hardware to it
however i cannot find ANYTHING at all
it is one of the all-in-ones desktop
VGC-JS410F series
can anyone help with this

also id like to say sorry if i posted this in the wrong section if thats what iv'e done

Any additional harware you purchase will simply connect internally or plug in to any of your USB connections. A Blu-ray drive or bluetooth adapter should not be a problem it is only when you want to fit PCIE cards or graphics card that you need to check a few other factors.

What exactly do you need to know, most extra hardware just plugs in.

I should have checked the specifications before making my last post, I have now looked at the details of the PC.

This looks like a fairly up to date PC. It is called a desktop but built like a Laptop. The graphics are integrated (as far as I can tell from the specifications) so you will not be able to upgrade the graphics card as it is part of the motherboard. Unlike a true desktop tower you cannot just fit additional PCI cards to this type of PC. If you wanted it for high end gaming you should have got a dektop PC with a tower as everything within a tower can be upgraded.

If you want to change the CD drive to a Blu-Ray burner/player you will have to get this from Sony (if one is available) for that specific model. A standard laptop Blu-Ray drive may fit but the facia on the draw has to be for your particular PC. Some can be unclipped and then put back on a new drive.

To add bluetooth funtionality simply buy a bluetooth dongle which just plugs in to a USB socket.

I you require a larger hard drive you will have to get an external drive unless this PC has a spare drive bay, in which case you can add another drive. (It is not mentioned in the specs so I assume it only has one drive bay) Alternatively you could replace the exixting drive with a larger model. Drives are a standard design so you can simply swap them but be sure to get a SATA, IDE will not fit. Make sure you burn off restore discs so you can transfer the operating system to a new drive.

ok thank you for the info...if need be you can delete this post if need space or whatever it is you do

once again thanks for the help

Your welcome.

There is plenty of room for your post and others may refer to it for there own information.

Back