Help with Windbg output?

geoffcox

Hello

I thought I was having crashes due to the 2011 version of AVG and the PC ran for 10 hours without crashing after I removed it under Safe Mode.

But! Just crashed again. The Windbg after !analyze -v gives the info in the attached file. Anything obvious to anyone?!

Thanks

Geoff

Attachments

• message.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 1
According to your text message your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link:https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** Also, if this AVG is free there are better solutions that are also free.

Hello

I had following RAM setup.

1 x 512MB
1 x 1024MB
1 x 512MB
1 x 1024MB

I removed all except 1 x 1024MB and ran memtest v4.10

I am not sure how many passes but it ran from the CD and started the test without giving me any options ..

This showed no errors.

I then added a second 1024MB and ran memtest again.

No errors again.

For the moment I am not adding the 2 x 512MB units and will see if I escape reboots with RAM which appears to be OK!

Cheers

Geoff

both sessions ran until I got the "no errors found" messages. I guess the run with the 2 x 1024MB sticks in took about and hour.

so far not clear to me what control I have over this but will run memtest again and see what options there are.

Cheers

Geoff

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear in my previous question.

How long have you run the following before experiencing issues:

I had following RAM setup.

1 x 512MB
1 x 1024MB
1 x 512MB
1 x 1024MB

Also, please give us the make of your memory, the type, the voltage it was built to handle and the memory timings it has been designed with.

ah!

well I had the 4 memory chips in the PC for a couple of years or so and first seemed to have a problem a few weeks ago.

The 2 x 1024MB are from Crucial - the info on one of the units says

Crucial BP112WX27
MT16VDDT12864RY-40BF2
2800833 CBNDZNP004
PC3200U-30331-Z
1GB DDR 400 CL3

The 2 x 512MB are Hynix 0538A and 0527A
PC3200U-30330
HYMD264646DP8J-D43AA-A
512MB DDR 400 MHz CL3

Any help?!

Cheers

Geoff

I have just recently re-installed Windows 7 on a new hard drive and have had lots of crashes and re-boots. Still not sure what this is due to but for the moment that seems to have stopped.

Cheers

Geoff

Back