Hijack this and other logs. Physical Memory at 21%

Status
Not open for further replies.

siedog

Hi,

I noticed that my computer had a trojan. I also updated and flashed my BIOS. After I did, my physical memory went up to 21% and the fan is on. Before flashing, this was not the case. Went through the steps and included running Windows Defender and SpyBoy: Search and Destroy. Attached are my logs. Please let me know if there's anything strange. Right now I noticed there are 68 processes running constantly.

Thank you!!

not running any anti-virus program except using the windows firewall. I did have Norton 360 but it expired and didn't want to renew and pay. I'll install and run the avast antivirus and let you know. Thanks.

Ok, I installed and ran the avast antivirus program. It found a couple of items which I moved to the chest and deleted. One of the item was called "b.exe". The others were programs (exe) that I haven't ran since 10 years ago on another computer. Attached is another hijackthis log I made after. The physical memory is still 21% to 23% used with about 72 processes still. Is there still anything wrong? Please advise. Thanks!

i didn't find any suspicious process in the log,but did u delete the cookies found by super anti spyware scan?

Get Symantec out of your system. You do have some "suspicious" entries in the hijack log that will slow down your system

7 entries:
Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nvlsp.dll

Disable these services:
Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

"Files Missing" entries are not good either. Reset your cable or DSL modem

Stop these:
1.[Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
2.[swg] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
3.Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
4.Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

Set to manual update:
[SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"

Sorry, but I'm not the greatest in being too technical, but..

-When you say get symantec out of my system, do you mean the Norton 360 and to uninstall that, right?

-Could you please walk me through on how to disable and stop the services and entries you said needs to be disabled and stopped?

-I do have DSL. Do you want me to just turn off the modem, sit 2 minutes and turn it back on? will this reset it?

-For setting to manual update, please let me know how to do that for jusched.exe?

Thanks and the help is much appreciated!!

Your router has a small hole sometimes marked "reset". Use a small paperclip and carefully push it through the hole and press the switch until the lights on the front of the router flash. Remove the paperclip. The router should be reset.

To turn off Services, press CTRL, ALT, DEL on the keyboard and select Start Task Manager, Services. Go through the list and find the services I posted. Stop or disable these services. "SunJavaUdate Sched" needs to be set from Automatic to Manual mode. Reboot your computer

I don't have any type of pinhole on my DSL modem. I have a SpeedStream 5100 DSL modem and a NetGear router.

The only servies I was able to stop was Bonjour Service and Google Software
Updater
in the Task Manager.

I wasn't able to find the others in the Task Manager.

Where do I set the SunJavaUdate Sched from automatic to manual????

Can I stop these processes in HijackThis instead?

Anyways, I rebooted, and the memory is still at 22%, fan running and now it has about 77 processes running. I attached the latest hijackthis log.

Right-click on the process to reveal options to stop it. The NetGear router should have a reset hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back