Hijack This Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I'm attempting to help a friend with their computer, but I've had little success. I followed this steps in this thread: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/.

When this all started pop-ups would appear randomly, their homepage would be changed, and three icons would appear on the desktop for Virus Scanners, but they were actually links to URLs.

After running through the steps at the thread noted above, it appeared to be ok (the home page was not changed, the icons were gone, and no pop-ups), but after opening internet explorer the desktop background was changed and new icons were back (not the urls, but trojan files).

When I ran the Panda Ani-Rootkit, no rootkits were found.

Attached is my hijack this log. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Kristy

Attachments

• Log File 24 April 08.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
Woah, that post was so long and confusing. If i was in your situation i would just backup important files on the Hard drive onto a dvd, external hard drive, flash drive (ipod, usb etc) then just reformat the hard drive and reinstall windows. This only takes me about 1 hour and always fixes my problem.

If you do reinstall windows i would install some anti virus and firewall to prevent this from happening again.

Hope this helps in some way =P

Woah, that post was so long and confusing.

That was in no way long or confusing.

Also Rouch, can you run this from normal mode? Dont go into safe mode with networking as you dont have as much protection in there.

: Download and Run DSS

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
  • Close all applications and windows.
  • Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  • When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<- this one will be minimized.
  • Attach the main.txt and the extra.txt in your reply.

If this is a lost cause reformatting the hard drive may be an option samm1.

Thanks for theoffer to help kritius! Attached are the two requested files.

Any advice you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks again for the time.

Cheers,
Kristy

I will note, I installed Zonealarm because I question the Mcafee software they have. Also, spybot has caught and blocked several attempts to chain registries. Things seem to be returning to normal, but I'm hestitant to call the system fixed considering the extent of corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back