HJT and Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have been using Hijackthis for a few years, I have a good idea of what is supicious, unwanted and what not to delete. I recently upgraded from XP to Win7 - I have attached my log file from a HJT 2.0.2 scan.

I don't seem to be able to delete any entries though using Win7. For example if you see the 3rd and 4th entries in my log file:

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

I don't think these are of any concern but I cannot delete them.

Further down towards the end of the list I see some entries which are causingf some concern as they have "(missing file)" listed alongside the entry. Again I can't delete these, or I can but they return upon the next scan:

O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advancve,

Rob.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    6.6 KB · Views: 1
You're running 64-bit system. HJT is not fully compatible with 64-bit.
It'll read correctly only 32-bit entries, so there is nothing to worry about with O23 (file missing) items.
Also, with Win 7, as with Vista, you should run HJT by right clicking on it and clicking on "Run As Administrator".

Ahhh ok - that explains it then. I guess it is only a matter of time before a 64 bit version is released.

I think there is an option to run programs in compatibility mode - I wonder if that will work?

Rob.

Compatibility mode won't do anything. It'll still read only 32-bit items.

Unfortunately, since TrendMicro took HJT over, it seems to have no future.
I highly doubt, there will be any future versions.
Merijin, HJT creator, joined Malwarebytes team, so his part in HJT is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back