How can I get past my school's web blocker?

Hi people!

I really need some help. My school has just about made it impossible to go on to the websites I want. They've blocked everything, blocked all proxy/tunnel sites, they don't let me run or install any programs except the ones that are already installed.:mad: When I am looking for a way to bypass the filter on Google, people always say "use a proxy" or "use another web browser from your usb drive". But none of that works because the computer stops me from doing it. I can't use a proxy with Internet Explorer (the only browser that's on there) either because when I click on "Internet options" a message comes up saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.":suspiciou Please don't tell me to go make a proxy server from home or something like that because I've tried and it still doesn't work.:mad: But if you know of any working way to bypass the Internet filter even with all the restrictions placed on the school computers, please answer and I will really appreaciate it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: If you do not have any information that will help me, then please do not reply to this thread!

A note to folks reporting this thread. We appreciate that you care enough to report questionable content and we admit this is in somewhat of a grey area, but we're not here to restrict the flow of valid information, nor are we Matthewdj9's mommy or principal. There's a difference between publicly aiding software piracy and providing someone information on using a web proxy. Carry on.

A note to folks reporting this thread. We appreciate that you care enough to report questionable content and we admit this is in somewhat of a grey area, but we're not here to restrict the flow of valid information, nor are we Matthewdj9's mommy or principal. There's a difference between publicly aiding software piracy and providing someone information on using a web proxy. Carry on.
Please reconsider; Freedom of information and access to it is a concept that can lead directly to dire consequences. As those working on V/M fixes well know, the browser is a major gateway into the system. Once you bypass the protections of the environment (including the institutional admin blocking specific websites), the client system can be infected. As that system is on a LAN, a worm or other nasties can easily propogate to other systems. Such willfull actions to subvert efforts to protect multiple systems makes the employee/student complicit in the success of the attack and in the corporate world frequently leads directly to dismissal.

Personally, I would lock this thread and delete post#2

Please reconsider; Freedom of information and access to it is a concept that can lead directly to dire consequences. As those working on V/M fixes well know, the browser is a major gateway into the system. Once you bypass the protections of the environment (including the institutional admin blocking specific websites), the client system can be infected. As that system is on a LAN, a worm or other nasties can easily propogate to other systems. Such willfull actions to subvert efforts to protect multiple systems makes the employee/student complicit in the success of the attack and in the corporate world frequently leads directly to dismissal.

Personally, I would lock this thread and delete post#2

I have to agree. School's & libraries have safeguards on their pc's for a reason.
I'd suggest the OP talk to school Admin. about by passing those safeguards.

This thread is unusual. I'm not going to agree or disagree with its closing/opening. But, TS tradition regardless of ToS violations is not to help people circumvent things that they are not meant to circumvent, within reason. So as pretty much everyone has said, this should be handled between the school and the OP. Not involving us.

Bypassing a web filter is not illegal like stealing a computer (All those BIOS password threads) or pirated software... which I THOUGHT was the reason all those threads get closed down etc..

Nab UltraSurf from www.ultrareach.com. Most organizations can't block it as to do so requires a very sophisticated web filter or a software solution that resides on the workstation itself.

All depends how deep your schools security is, one time iv managed to get into their information with total commander and I got pretty scary warning (I was like in year 7, 11years old).

Other time iv went on a pr0n websites in the middle of IT class lol, they sent a letter to my parents, luckily iv managed to get it before them hehe :p I didn't mean to go on pr0n though was something like rudetube but anyway...

So yeh try www.bearcupcake.com and see if that works out for you. Also would help if you could take a screenshot of what kind of blocking services they are using, some week ones are easy to override (did it at my current college but they got a new blocking service which I had no idea how to bypass it).

Other time iv went on a pr0n websites in the middle of IT class lol
Was the ICT lesson boring?

Ultrasurf is pretty good. I tried it once and it worked brilliant!

@Matthewdj9

It seems you haven't followed up your first post. I'm just wondering, what sites do you really want to go to?

Back