How do I check if extra RAM is working?

Marty7n

GIGABYTE MOBO question? + P4 3.OGHZ

Hi i just started up my comp for 1st time in a good while!
itsa gigabyte mobo,Ati graphics car,WD hardrive 40gb and HP 40gb hardrive,Philips DVD/RW CD DRIVE + old hp cd drive,not pluged in at the mo,would that cause any problems??

I bought a 512mb samsung to go with my other 512mb PQI ram to speed up windows 7.all i have is 2 slots on my mobo,i think the new ram is working!its runing a little bit quicker than usual,does any1 know how i check this?i have tried to get into BIOS,but when i press DEL at startup the screen just goes blank on me!

ALL help Apreciated lads,dieng to find out how to check my new part out :)

Thanks its working,but now i want to get into BIOS mode or CMOS it says my gigabyte mobo is Type F11,seen as it said this i tried pressing it at startup,all i can get is ctrl and DEL to bring up backup restore,memory restore,change password,and exit and save!no BIOS or CMOS??any ideas chief?

The model is GIGABYTE/8S661fxm-rz?it says award bios in the mannual!
i dont get why i cant enter it!also i removed cmos battery and now it wont boot to windows and stuck without any BIOS mode!!

Its a 2.4ghz processor/socket 478,i was wondering would i gain much computing speed with a 3ghz socket 478?as they are cheap to pick up these days on the likes of ebay!what would i gain from it?

Back