How do I get a new internal hard drive to work

hi,
i recently was given a dell d810 it had no INTERNAL HD i have since got one put it in and all i get is
NO BOOT SECTOR ON INTERNAL HARD DRIVE
NO BOOTABLE DEVICES--STRIKE F1 TO RETRY BOOT, F2 FOR SETUP UTILITY

im stuck here and have no idea how to install anything back on it anyone who could help me that would be great

well the HD will need to be formated and it needs an OS installed.

Also did u clear the CMOS?
Have you gone to bios and checked to see if it is listed?

ive gone in and cant find nothing CMOS listed in there where would it be listed?

also how can it be formated and and how is OS installed

sorry about all the questions

Hi.. You will need a Windows operating system (OS) disc, and you need your own 'Product key'. That is a unique 25 digit letter/number combination, that you key into your new installation. If you buy a new PC with Windows installed it will have it's own 'Product key' and Windows already installed. In fact Windows will be installed twice, one to use and one hidden and unused, waiting for the day the main version has problems. If you buy a new Windows OS package, from a shop or on-line, it will be '7', and you will see your product key on a card inside the package. (Copy it down because it's the valuable part of Windows. Don't copy it onto your pc, but on paper so that you can use it again in the future.) The formatting is done from that disc.
A very good tutorial has been written up on this site. It's at;
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53502.html

Back