How do I reenable video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you to boot with the "Last Good Known Configuration" ??? You can do so by pressing F8; when POST has completed and windows is about to boot. If that doesn't work try booting into Safe Mode.

Pls answer each of these questions

1) Did you install an addon graphics card in your computer? If yes, have you tried simply removing it?
2) Have you looked in your BIOS. Does your BIOS show settings for onboard graphics?
3) You DO see a flash screen when you power up, right? It just goes black when Windows starts?
4) What version Windows are you running? And do you have the install disks?

1. I installed the video card's driver and then i removed it.
2. When I set to onboard I can't get my monitor turned on when connected to video card. Only when the setting is auto there is possible to make it work.
3. Yes, I can see the what's going on until the windows loading screen is fully loaded.
4.Windows xp sp3. Yes I have the disk.

Only when the setting is auto there is possible to make it work.

Then set it to auto so you can start Windows and see your screen. Then
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

i mean in order to change from integrated video card to video card that goes in the slot i need to set to "auto". even when i'm running with this setting i can't see anything after windows loading logo.

after setting to auto i have to plug the monitor cable to the new video card.
i specified just to be clear... not mocking

Remove your addon video card from the system, then connect your monitor to onboard video adapter. Before doing this ensure that you have set video option as 'Auto' in the BIOS. See if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back