How good is my PC?

saram96

hi guys im brand new here (first post) and a bit of a computer newbie...know enough to get my buy can add my own ram and hard-drive etc but just wanted to know how good you guys think my pc is and if its good enough to run most games...cod mw2 etc.

Motherboard:M4A78LT-M
Processor:Amd 2 X4 3.0Ghz
1080P Hdmi & Dvi-D
Memory:4GB DDR3 1333MHZ
750GB HDD( probably irrelavent)
ATI Radeon 3000 1GB.
Crossfire Support! MoBo and Built In G-card
450W PSU.
OS:Windows xp 32-bit, soon to be windows vista 64-bit (not enought cash for win 7)
Thanks guys

Forget my previous question. After further research your video is onboard. Today's games are GPU intensive and so you might seriously consider upgrading to a video card (disabling the onboard in the BIOS).

Otherwise, with 4 gigs of RAM you are doing very well for a 64-bit OS though depending on the video card - if that is what you decide - there is a chance you may have to upgrade the PSU.

If you were to upgrade do you have a budget in mind?

Indeed he probably does have an integrated.
If you're looking for an upgrade, respond with more specifics about your powersupply.

The integrated graphics will struggle with titles such as Modern Warfare 2 let alone the more GPU intensive games such as Crysis and Metro 2033.

Do you intend to upgrade anytime soon? If so, as HK says, give us a few more specifics regarding your PSU.

it is a winpower atx-450 Psu, if im checking the right thing and by upgrade do you mean spend money on my current pc or on a brand new one, if so i would spend about 150 GBP to upgrade current , but as i am a student no money for a new one

Something like the ATI Radeon HD 5770 should really give you a massive boost in gaming. However, you might have to put in a better PSU. You could also consider the HD 5750 which is slightly cheaper.

yeah i dont want to get into changing psu and crap like that im only 14 Dont wanna kill my pc lol, and if i did get a graphics card how would it work on my pc cuz the graphics now are built into mobo so how would the slots, hdmi vga appear etc.

You wont kill your pc trust me. I'm only 15, and usually the cables will be labelled as to where they should be connected to. And counting the pins should help also. eg 20 or 24 pin cable will go into left side of the motherboard.

maybe i should have mentioned it before but my pc supports hybrid crossfireX?? and so does my onboard card i have no idea what that means but sounds kinda cool so i thought id put it in

I believe hybrid crossfire allows the on-board graphics to work together with a pci express card. Cant say I've ever used it.

well it would depend what on board chip you have and what graphics card you intend to buy. I would go with a 5750 or a 5770 but you will have to upgrade to a more punchy PSU for the latter, there is a difference between the 2 cards though. I'm not sure what role the on board graphics have when used in hybrid crossfire but I'm guessing they may handle the physics but Id get a more knowledgeable member to tell you that.

so i could have 1 decent + 1 good graphics card= good gaming?
No, hybrid crossfire will hardly help. And that integrated does not count as a decent card.

The HD 5750 should work ok on a 450W PSU.
winpower seems to be one of the most obscure brands i've ever heard of, I wouldn't count on it.

EVGA 768-P3-1360-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Sort of stretching the budget, but its a big step up.

im only 14
You sound 14.

you cant have crossfire on your motherboard as it only has x1 pci express slot. the 5770 is fine for gaming and is in quite a few pre built systems. I game on a GTS 250 which is slower than a 5770 but It runs any game fine with good fps and high settings.( except metro 2033).

As for what kind of PSU you will need for crossfire 5770.(If that's what your thinking about) Id say 650-700watts but I would ask HK.

That's a pretty decent build, should last a few years before going obsolete. I'd say you could run most modern games at low setting at the very least.

Back