How many cores power your primary machine?

How many cores power your PRIMARY machine?

• 1 core

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • 2 core

Votes: 41 18.1%
  • 3 core

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • 4 core

Votes: 117 51.5%
  • 6 core

Votes: 23 10.1%
  • 8 core

Votes: 26 11.5%
  • 12 core

Votes: 8 3.5%

• Total voters

LNCPapa

TS Special Forces
I know we had a thread on this in April of last year but what I really want is a poll so I can quickly see the numbers. What I'm trying to see is how many people are running 3 core machines and how many people have 6 core procs. Keep in mind I want to know actually cores, not the number of simultaneous threads you can run. Also, if you're using a multiprocessor machine please add up your cores. Also, if you have a triple core machine but it's not your primary I would appreciate it if you would post so in the thread.

Work related question or just curiosity? :)

I run 2 cores now in almost everything I physically use. I have a single core system that runs and does stuff for me nearly 24/7, but I almost never sit in front of it.

My (backup, but currently) main rig runs a quad core Intel Q6600 at stock speeds.

My primary computer uses a AMD Phenom 1055T, but is currently out of commission due to a CPU problem.

I'm running a Phenom II X3 720. Have so far resisted the temptation to unlock the fourth core using ACC. :)

My primary PC uses four cores, an Intel Core i7 2600K. I have eight other older PCs that variously use a single, duo or quad core (3 singles, 2 duos and 3 quads). No threes or sixes yet.

Primary runs a duel (E3200). The only reason i have it is because it was super cheap...and i don't game that much so it rarely lags.

This is a personal education question. I have this idea...hunch and I'm hoping to use the TS community to confirm (enough to satisfy me anyway) or debunk that hunch.

My system is 2 core, fathers system at work is 12 ..... said I can have it in 5 years! :p So I am waiting ..... >.> il "soon" have it... and when i do it will be obsolete hah ...

12 cores. Cool. But by 5 years I am guessing 12 cores will be the average CPU amount of cores.

I have a Phenon II 555 DualCore but I'm running it as "unleashed mode" so I run it as a QuadCore :D

Had the Phenom 1100T when I first voted but am now on the FX8120 so now it's eight. Has there been enough of a response to answer your question LNCPapa?

Honestly... not really. There have only been a total of 25 responses to the poll - not exactly a big enough pool.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of response to polls; I think they're fun and it seems like a good way to generate some interesting dialogue.

I suppose you can't excuse the fact that threads get buried here pretty quickly. Although 25 is still quite surprising.

3 cores for me. I'll need a significantly more powerful system before next year though. My secondary system (which is currently down with HDD problems) is dual core.

My main rig is 4 core.

• 4 core:
    • Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz
    • Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz
  • 2 core:
    • Core i3 2100 3.1GHz
    • Celeron Dual-Core E1200 1.6GHz
    • Pentium D 820 2.8GHz

I dropped in and saw this and thoughed I would replied since I have three computers with 4 cores and am considering building one with 6.

Back