How much is my gaming setup worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a hard time selling on craigslist, and I'm not sure why, this is an incredible machine!!!

Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz
HIS Radeon HD 5870 Turbo 1 GB (256 bit)
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series CWCH50-1 120mm High Performance CPU Cooler
Samsung Writemaster DVD writer
Hard Drive is 465 GB
6 GB of Ram
HAF 932 Full Tower
LG 20 inch screen, 1080p capable
Logitech G110

Can anyone help?

What I would do is price it all out on newegg and then deduct a percentage or dollar amount for it being used. It could also be that people who are looking for a used machine are not looking for something so high-end.

How much were you listing it for?

I came out to about $1810 (new) using the parts in your list. I would expect someone to pay around 25-30% less for a used system.

You may want to try one of the other hardware forums that have a for sale section and do only local pickup if you don't want to ship.

Think about it from the prospective buyer's perspective. Buying a used PC from an unknown private party with no warranty and spending $1,500 can be a daunting proposition.

Perhaps you can lower the price by selling the monitor and keyboard separately.

You might want to list your power supply brand, model, wattage as well as the brand and type of hard drive. You listed 465GB which is probably nominally 500GB.

Since it's not selling at $1,500 you could list it at $1,200 and see. In the end it's worth only what someone else is willing to pay for it.

Depends who your selling it too Sean. Most used sales are ridiculously overpriced, just check your local craigslist and you'll see what I'm talking about. People attempting to sell old outdated hardware for double/triple the current value.

However the $1200 you suggested seems reasonable to me for everything you've included but personally I wouldn't drop that much on a used system. I also second mail's opinion of selling the monitor & keyboard separately as that should get you more in the long run and knock down the total price which might make your PC more attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back