How to deal with this SATA drive converter on Mac OS?

This time I won't put the things complex. I just received a promotion advertisement email from the vendor from whom I bought my gadgets once. Attracted by its great sale, I bought this USB 3.0 SATA converter used with my SATA drives at home with my personal Window XP, which has no built-in SATA connect itself. All the things went smooth. The question is that when I monitor the same environment on the MAC in office, it can not be totally recognised . I have no idea at all.

Maybe someone can tell me what is wrong ?

Looks like it should work fine. Amazon says works with OS X and their site says it works with OS X 10.x so there shouldn't be any extra drivers needed.

Does the drive spin up?

when I monitor the same environment on the MAC in office
what do you mean by this? Using the Mac to access file shares on the PC - - OR - - are you attempting to use this device and attach to a Mac?

These kinds of adaptors are concerned with hardware protocols and should never have any sensitivity to the OS installed on the system.

Looks like it should work fine. Amazon says works with OS X and their site says it works with OS X 10.x so there shouldn't be any extra drivers needed.

Does the drive spin up?

Does the drive spin up?
Yeah, the drive did spin up . I thought it has been started. But there is no disk sign shown on Mac.

what do you mean by this? Using the Mac to access file shares on the PC - - OR - - are you attempting to use this device and attach to a Mac?

These kinds of adaptors are concerned with hardware protocols and should never have any sensitivity to the OS installed on the system.

Sorry, "this" may be a useless word I put there mistakenly. I was attempting to use this adapter attached to a Mac. But as you said, the hardware protocols would or would not prevent the use on OS system ?

Have you checked Disk Utility to see if it shows up there? I've seen instances where a drive (although all have been flash based) would not show up in Finder, but did show up in Disk Utility. If it shows up in Disk Utility in the bottom left there will be a blue 'link' you can click that would open it in Finder.

Back