How to install PC to DLP HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so Ive been reading about how to hook up your PC to HDTV to use services like netflicks and other online services. SO I built a computer here are the specs:

Intel quad Q6600 2.4 GHz
Vista home premium
4 GB ram
GFORCE 8800 GTS video card. 640 MB

I am hooking it up to a toshiba 65" DLP HDTV.

I used the DVI plug from the NVIDIA card on a cable that has an HDMI plug on the other end. Now I plug the cable in, set the parameters for display #2 at 60 htz and 1080 p, and

VIOLA it says no signal.

My computer correctly identifies the television however as a toshiba so there IS a connection.

I have tried all the other resolutions with still, no signal on the TV screen.

I have read the ideas posted here and in other forums, but they don't seem to help.

The only thing I dont know about is the video card model ends in OC. Im assuming it stands for over clocked. I dont know if this would matter or not.
IM pretty much lost. thanks

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you needed 1080"i" and not "p" to run a lcd/plasma/dlp tv to get this to work correctly. I do have a 40"lcd hooked up to a pc for media center but it has an "I" too. Lets wait for another response.

Not sure. If the TV supports 1080p, then it should be 1080p. Reducing the sync frequency to run it at 1080i shouldn't hurt - the TV should support it for sure.

My suggestion is not to set up parameters for TV manually. Disconnect the TV, hook up the monitor and reboot the computer. Let it see just one monitor and boot with it. Now power off the PC, unplug the monitor, hook up just the TV. Boot up the computer. I would hope the PC would auto-detect the TV and set the minimal acceptable resolution. You will be able to tweak it later.

In general, if you are booting just with the TV and see the POST and WIndows loading, but then the screen goes blank, it means the resolution is screwed up.

In general, if you are booting just with the TV and see the POST and WIndows loading, but then the screen goes blank, it means the resolution is screwed up.

That's something to note. Good point I didnt notice that when I first tried this. A non factor right now being as though I'm using a hdmi port.

I run 1080p (1920x1080@60Hz) to my set using a DVI to HDMI cable - but I am sure it's a 1080p set. Are you sure you're not trying to run 1920x1200 or at higher than 60Hz and are you sure that your set accepts 1080p inputs? Some sets only accept 1080i inputs even though the ouput displayed is at 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back