How to lock the JPEG files to be uncopyable

abbasi

Hello all,

I have many JPEG files (pictures) on my USB flash memory. I give it to my customers to look at those pictures and choose one (then I make their order based on that selection). I want they can look at the pictures but don't can to copy or drag-and-drop them. Is there such a way?

I use Windows 7.

I would just watermark them. I don't think there is any way you can prevent them from being copied if they can be opened. Even if there was a file system method to prevent copying, they could just print screen them.

Perhaps if you used an application that would showcase them as imbedded objects, the images would not be so easily copied. You don't have to leave the shared image as jpeg files. As SNGX1275 mentioned though, the images can always be captured by screenshot. But if the shared images are not full quality, you would still maintain the best quality for yourself. Which leads to another thought of only sharing lessor quality images. Perhaps the lessor quality images would allow them to form a list of prospects for which they would like to see the full image under your supervision.

Anything that can be viewed can be SAVE AS...; scripts, css, html, and all graphics.

@SNGX1275 is spot on - - get tools to watermark the images - - typically lower right corner.
Also learn about jpg exif attributes

Only one question about watermark please. OK, I chose watermark to mark my pictures, but those pictures are many. How can I mark them (that is, watermark them) as fast as possible? Is there any good tool or way for that?

Back