How to make your own replacement Windows 7 Decal for your System

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipstir

Well since you can't buy OEM Windows 7 Decals in the USA. I've upgrade all netbooks, laptops and desktop from XP Home to Windows 7 U 32-bit. I wanted to replace the Windows XP, Vista Decal to Windows 7 Decal. So I made my own in a Word 2007 Docx.

Getting the exact the sizing was the hardest part. H= 0.9" W= 0.94" 48% H/W. In meters it would be 17.5 but to me that doesn't come out right in inches for USA standard. I use high quality photo gloss paper by Kodak, and boy did it come out just perfect.

1. Use images google
2. Search for Windows 7 Decal
3. Scroll for Windows 7 Sticker
4. Click on it and that will show you what it looks like.
5. Press (Print Screen) key and open MS Paint
6. Using the Clipper button in MS Paint and cut the copy down to size, I would recommend change the picture settings in MS Paint first to 32/32 to get the right size there.
7. Open Word 2007 and copy the new image to that.
8. Resize the image to H=0.9" by W=0.94"
9. Once you made it, you can make more than one in Word on the same page.

P.S. Make sure you use good photo paper and set your color ink or laser to the high output mode.
Just print and cut out the Decal and when you remove the old one this one can but stuck to the where the old one was positioned.

That's it!

Tipstir, you really need to rethink the math here. For example; "17.5 meters" is actually about 54 >> feet <<...! Second, even if we assume you mean "millimeters" and not "meters", 17.5 is something just under 3/4 of an inch and not 0.9 inch.

Then there's the matter of the aspect ratio. You quote "H= 0.9" W= 0.94" 48% H/W".

That would actually be 1 : .957. But then who's counting?

Tipstir, you really need to rethink the math here. For example; "17.5 meters" is actually about 54 >> feet <<...! Second, even if we assume you mean "millimeters" and not "meters", 17.5 is something just under 3/4 of an inch and not 0.9 inch.

Then there's the matter of the aspect ratio. You quote "H= 0.9" W= 0.94" 48% H/W".

That would actually be 1 : .957. But then who's counting?

Well yes the 17.5mm is not correct that's why H=0.9" x W=0.94" is the size I am using.
For legal things I not able to post the word docx here so I am just pointing you the right direction to how you can do it yourself. Give you the measurements I am using. The site that has the image has it at 17.5mm. That won't work here.

Final Sample of Windows 7 Decal Sticker

Okay this is a sample of the decal final sizing: H=0.74" x W=0.77"

Matches the one I have a new Windows 7 64-bit Laptop. Open in paint and print it out or use Word 97 or Word 2010. Then cut it out with craft knife or pair of scissor. To stick on I use the old Windows XP or Vista sticker has enough sticky to it to use.

Good Luck!

Attachments

• D7_2010.png
    D7_2010.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 52
The sample in post #4 is what you save to your computer then copy and paste in Office Word 2007 or 2010. You can make a couple of them for each system on the same page then print it out on your color ink or laser printer. Cut each one out and then use rubber glue can be use to adhere the decal to your system. The image can be made darker if you want or resize even smaller if you want. I would recommend Office Word 2007 or 2010B. Very quick and easy then MSPaint.

That about it .

very interesting ... and what gives rise to this as a necessity or desirable thing to do?

very interesting ... and what gives rise to this as a necessity or desirable thing to do?

Matter of style. Just like you do with your own car, truck or SUV. Remember the days where you would pin stripe your vehicle to make it look cool or even add lettering to your Windshield saying you drove a Dodge or Ford or Chevy? You add the missing touch to your Windows 7 system. They don't give you the decal with the upgrade 7 OEM DVD. I know I got two of these so call upgrade DVD and I don't see the little 7 there. Sure you can peel those old XP and Vista stickers off your systems and then you don't need to show everyone you got Windows 7 on-board or inside.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back