How to play on laptop speakers and headphones at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to play sounds using both the built in speaker and the headphones at the same time?

I am using an Acer aspire 4736Z with windows vista home basic.

its impossible technically.

but some soundcard has the stupid ability to do it. for acer aspire series. i think mostly they use realtek HD audio as their onboard chip. dont think it could happen. u can try doing though

it happens to a hp laptop, when something wrong, i cant mute the internal speakers when using hdphone

well i can say yes.
cause most manufacture that manufacture your very own soundcard (basically that controls everything, the jacks and the laptop internal spk as well) decide to set, whenever u plug something in, it will auto-mute the internal speakers.

anyway why'd u need the internal speakers and headphone for?
there are much better external speakers with reasonable prices as well.

I just thought(because of the print Dolby home theater) that the internal speakers of my laptop is good enough. But I could be wrong.

i want to plug my guitar and I want the output to come out from the internal speakers and to be able to listen clearly using the headphones.

I will also be good when I'm watching movies with friends, I can plug the headphones(so i don't get distracted by their comments and reactions) and they can still here the sounds...

about the sound card, does that mean that the hardware does not allow them to be played together? So its really impossible if that's the case.

yes. i dont think the soundcard allows that. im using acer aspire 5930 with more-or-less same soundcard like u. with the imprinted dolby home theater.

the benefit of the dolby is some effect such as dolby headphone and dolby prologic.

nth much. i suggest u to get a computer speaker then. laptop speakers are always suck, when compared to desktop powered speakers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back