How to stop a user from downloading on a LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im in an office where by we are around 10-20 users on the LAN.im not the network administrator, but i would like to know a way i would block a user from downloading because it really slows us down ...any advice?

Probably not too helpful

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/routers/g/192_168_0_1_def.htm

runescape, the IP you were thinking of - 192.168.0.1 - is the default for many home broadband routers. I'm not sure, but I think it's probably unlikely that he would be able to access his company's router via that IP. And even if it was at that IP, it's probably passworded.

Unless you have admin access to the router, I don't think that there's a way to limit their downloading.

This may be stretching the bounds of proper business etiquitte, but if you could gain local admin access to the offending user's PC, I'm sure that there's registry tweaks that would limit the bandwidth his/her computer used.

Mkayemba said:
Im in an office where by we are around 10-20 users on the LAN.im not the network administrator, but i would like to know a way i would block a user from downloading because it really slows us down ...any advice?

Report the issue to the local admin. Since you don't have rights to perform the task under active directory or internet proxy exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back