How to Take Screenshots in Windows Like a Pro

I use very frequently the Snipping Tool for taking static screenshots. I have OBS Studio for videos, but I didn't use it yet.

Most of these tools take a screenshot at 120 dpi or less which is the problem. So, how do I take a high resolution screenshot at 300 or even 600 dpi?

I use snag it because I need more functionality but this was a great article with all the free options.

Great article, Steps Recorder - never knew it even existed, could be useful. THANKS

Helpful article, thanks. Firefox browser also gives you the option of taking custom screen shots when you right click.

Steam screens look like they compressed the picture 200%.
I am very dissapointed in its ability to capture game moments.

Most of these tools take a screenshot at 120 dpi or less which is the problem. So, how do I take a high resolution screenshot at 300 or even 600 dpi?
Most widows machines have 72 dpi resolution at 1080p or 4k, in general dpi are not a unit for screen resolution but for printers. Pixels are units for screen resolution 4k is 3820 x 2180 px . In general screen resolution doesn't have more resolution than what is displayed on screen. Nvidia graphics drivers used to allow you to render larger resolution and downscale to your screen resolution but I am not sure if Ansel will capture the high resolution image or what is displayed on screen.

Back