How to transfer Media Player clips to another computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

I have a couple video clips on my desktop that I'd like to transfer to my laptop.

I tried burning to a CD but that won't work with these particular clips.

Are those clips actually contained within Media Player somewhere on my
computer? Would it work to copy the whole media Player application or
something like that?

Appreciate any tips!!

This might work. Get the names of the clips than go to start than search type in the names of the clips. On desktop right click make a new folder name it what ever you want and than copy and paste the video clips you want into the folder than download a free burning software like express burn install it. When you have the program running at the top it will have options for which kind of cd or dvd you want to burn select data cd than drag the folder that has the clips into the program and hit burn. Once you burn it onto the disk and put it into the laptop it should make a window open that will ask you what to do just select open folder than drag and drop the file on the cd to desktop or where ever you want it. If it doesn't make that window pop up than go to start than select my computer at dvd or cd rom drive that you put the disk into right click than select explore and drag the file where ever you want it like to desktop.

If you want to download express burn here it is and its free just hit download express burn don't hit download express burn plus because i think you have to pay or look at adds.

http://nch.com.au/burn/

These files,(clips), should be in "my movies". You might have some luck copying the whole folder to CD or DVD, then installing the media player on the new machine. You couldn't simply copy the Media Player, since it requires dll (s) and registry entries, which are inserted by an installer. It is a free download, if your copy of Windows is legit.

Thanks!

I'd tried the Search and it wouldn't identify the clips by name.

I'll try the My Movies thing - both machines have Media Player
and legit copies of XP, so might work, will give it a shot.

Thanks much!!

Whoops.......

I misspoke, the Windows Movie Maker Defaults to My Videos, (My Documents>My Videos), not "My Movies". Hopefully, you'll find your clips there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back