How would I go about compiling drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gflo

I've got the source files for Eyetoy drivers. I want to compile them for a 64 bit system(Vista Premium 64 to be exact). How Would I go about doing this?
Thanks,
Gflo

There are several potential things/steps involved in getting them compiled and even more potential pitfalls along the way (between finding the right compilers, knowing the right run-time compiler arguments and options) to get them compiled and then actually work! Unless you are computer/technical oriented enough to figure out the tasks ahead i think you're best to find pre-compiled and tested versions online

fyi... compiling a driver for 64-bit Windows is far from being the only thing required to get them to work in 64-bit Windows! (in fact, i'd venture to say if you can't find a compiled/working 64bit version of the driver online.. it almost certainly means the driver source code hasn't been ported to work in a 64-bit environment yet!)

I can't find a 64bit driver that why i'd like to compile one myself. I could figure out what I needed to do. All i need is a compiler and about 2 weeks

OK. And while i hope you are successful :grinthumb, before you invest alot of time and start pulling your hair out in frustration:
Remember that simply having source code and compiling the code for 64-bit Windows doesn't mean it will work under 64-bit Windows. Just think of all those 32-bit drivers owned by companies with the source code that haven't released 64-bit versions. If only a simply recompile issue.. you can be sure they'd want their 64-bit versions available as well!​

if I don't manage to get it working, could I just install a virtual machine and have it run from there? I wouldn't know I've never had to use a virtual machine

Also;
The eyetoy was never officially supported and the drivers i'm using are some odd home brew drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back