How would I know if this is compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.

garethrogue

Frys built my system the specs are : MSI x58 platinum SLI Motherboard, Intel core i7 920 2.66 processor, 6GB RAM, nVidia Geforce GTX260, inside an antec nine hundred case.....

how would i know if this http://store.westerndigital.com/store/wdus/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/categoryID.13095100/parid.13092500/catid.13094900 is compatable?

I think i currently have 2 HDDs atm, they told me one was for the OS and the other for everything else. this is all a little over my head.

also, is this what you guys would get for a gaming rig?

It is compatible, but the ease in setting it up will depend on how Frys setup the existing system. Why don't you just ask them. They should have no problem in telling you what you want to know. They may think you are going to buy the drive at Frys... no need to tell them, unless they ask.

It is compatible, but the ease in setting it up will depend on how Frys setup the existing system. Why don't you just ask them. They should have no problem in telling you what you want to know. They may think you are going to buy the drive at Frys... no need to tell them, unless they ask.

I'd really rather avoid them right now. they'll just tell me to bring my comp in....for the 3rd or 4th time. they can go jump in a lake. My comp is also doing some weird thing where it'll freeze up in some infinite loop and i have to reset, happens randomly when im viewing a video on youtube or playing certain online games. Temperature isn't the problem, RAM isn't the problem, I was thinking maybe it was the HDD but every single performance check I run on my comp brings up nothing. The reliability and performance onitor lists it as a "disruptive shutdown" but doesn't give me any details as to why or what went wrong.

dude now it's just freezing up for no god damn reason out of no where. I'll be reading a forum or and boom its done. what is wrong with this thing besides that it has a desire to be airborne?

If you have already eliminated RAM as an issue, update all your drivers, if its still a problem you could try running a live linux cd off of the disk. If you STILL have problems it is hardware related, bad mobo or PSU are possibilities. If it doesn't have problems, then its definitely software related, and since you updated all the drivers it may just need a reinstall of Windowzs.

At least thats how I'd troubleshoot it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back