HP Compaq c300 laptop screen problems

Hi
basically I have a compaq c300
the screen was slightly damaged it had a couple of realy thin lines on the right hand side of the screen, but still worked great.
I bought the same model cheap that had a good screen on it but had mobo problems,
it also had a much nicer palm rest touch pad, so I decided to take the mobo out of my laptop and put my one into the nicer casing of the other one.
when I attached the screen back on it is showing a display like the backlight has gone, I have swapped and put the old screen back on but it still just showing a very faint image like no back light ! I have swapped the invertors around the cables around, reinstalled windows tried different ram, hard reseting the machine, stripping it back down to the mobo 3 times to make sure there is no loose connections etc, what could be causing this, I cant get neither screen to work ? some1 please help ! also the laptop works perfect when attached to my tv via vga ,
I thank you for any advice you can give me "I am soooo tired and depressed because of this now but wont give up ;) "

I will be back on later 11 am london england time, to check if there are any replys ,
thanks alot

Back